Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Great article. Then again, all Iain Macintosh articles are.
  • Options
    Rename the leagues after motorway service stations.
  • Options
    Damned good article.
  • Options
    Good stuff, just get rid of that bloody font they insist on using, and that'll be enough
  • Options
    Excellent!
  • Options
    An excellent article written by someone who 'gets it'. Hopefully someone at the football league is listening but I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    Rebranding is such a total waste of time. I work with a college that, when we first started doing business, was called Lewisham & Southwark College. It then spent a not-inconsiderable amount of money rebranding to LeSoCo, at a time when the FE sector is virtually bankrupt. Less than 2 years later they are called Lewisham Southwark College. They basically spent a shedload of money and took 2 years to remove the & from their name.

I suspect any rebranding of the Football League will be similarly expensive and pointless.
  • Options
    Agree with every word.

It dawned on me the other day whilst talking to a non-Football fan from America how bloody confusing it is to explain the order of the divisions when the naming of them is so baffling.

I told him that we won League One and he at first thought we were an Arsenal or Manchester United sized club.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Agree with every word.

It dawned on me the other day whilst talking to a non-Football fan from America how bloody confusing it is to explain the order of the divisions when the naming of them is so baffling.

I told him that we won League One and he at first thought we were an Arsenal or Manchester United sized club.

We are

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent article.

Mind you, they could always revert to the nautical solution:

Championship
    Sinking Ship
    Abandon Ship...