Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you did add Yann (just out of interest)

Comments

• Was at the Bournemouth Leicester game Saturday, strangely as it might sound his warm up was pure shite and a half time when all the subs came on he was 5 minutes late to join them and this did not go unobserved by their fitness coach. He never warmed up and down the touch line during the 2nd half, and at the end did not go on the pitch like all the players and Eddie Howe did to clap the crowd. He is now 4th choice at Bournemouth, looked a bit bulkier than I remembered and my guessing is his time there is numbered. Do I want him back, no way, we have enough up front as well as youth coming through, we need players who have pace and can go past opponents to create for others, as good as he was for us those days are now well and truly beyond him.

Never bought into the greedy Frenchman.
    But The Moody and sulky Yann, does exist.
    The 2-1 defeat at Palace, Yann was on the bench.
    Fuller from memory was the only striker and he got a deflected goal
    to put us 1-0 up. JJ missed a good headed chance, and 2nd half Murray showed he was the difference between the 2 teams.

Yann got on maybe with 20 minutes to go ?
    At the end of the match, he sat in the dug out on his own and sulked.
    I was gutted he wasn't picked alongside Fuller.
    When Yann was at CAFC i was a massive fan but the bridges have been burnt.
    And now it would be a retrograde step to go in for a 34 year old who is a part of our history, but not of our future.

• 1. Yann and Watt
    2. Yann and Watt

We'd be blessed with four genuinely good and effective Championship forwards with KAG still to develop. Any combo of Mak or Yann + Watt/Igor/KAG wouldwork well. I would like to see more of Igor and Watt together this season though as they started to develop a good understanding towards the end of last season.
  • Benson and Church
  • Benson and Hedges.
    As long as they don't run out of puff.
  • Pope and Church.
    I have a confession ?
    This won't work.
  • Flanagan and Hales
  • edited September 2015
    Two Japanese strikers are available.

Bonsai and Acer.

Would they fail the height test ?

No Bigotry ?

• His work rate was superb, speed was never his main feature so age isn't an issue wih players like Yann, in the air, strength and technique was superb.

Will he come back, no chance, would I take him back, easily yes.

We have a superb ball playing team now and can get dangerous crosses into the box, exactley his kind of game.

Watt and Yann would be lethal.
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:
    Bristol or Birmingham?
  • LouisMend said:
    Bristol or Birmingham?
    It was Bristol.
  • Still has his house in greenwich.
  • Just being reported that Max Gradel has got injured, so theres another reason he is highly unlikely to move to us. If anything he is probably a bit closer to their first team.
  • cafctom said:

Just being reported that Max Gradel has got injured, so theres another reason he is highly unlikely to move to us. If anything he is probably a bit closer to their first team.

Can he play left wing then? ;-)
  • Yann and Watt until Big Mak is fit, then it would be up to Yann to keep his place and Big.Mak to push for it.
  • As I posted on the rumours thread on the same topic, I have no view on the issue of whether Yann walked or was pushed because, like most of those who speculate, I actually don't know the truth. What I do know is that he was a hell of a player for us. However, He is now 34 and there must, at the least, be a question mark as to whether he and the powers that be at Charlton could ever really kiss and make up. For both these reasons, his ship has sailed. I'd prefer to remember the good old days than jump back into bed now.

As a purely theoretical issue, Yann in his pomp with TWWW would have been a sight to behold.
  • Yann rotated a lot with Brett Pitman at Bournemouth last season, I'm sure he could do the same with the other strikers.
  • he would be training with the youth team the fat ungrateful French prick
  • Sponsored links:

• Won't happen but don't for one minute think RD would stop it for some petty grudge when improvements to the squad move him closer to a £120M PL pay day. He didn't get as rich as he is by being stupid in business.
  • Won't happen but don't for one minute think RD would stop it for some petty grudge when improvements to the squad move him closer to a £120M PL pay day. He didn't get as rich as he is by being stupid in business.

He also didn't get as rich as is by being clever in football.
  • I used to be a fan of Yann;
    He really was our man.
    But he took himself to Bournemouth
    And everybody found it tough
    To get used to being without Yann.

Let's celebrate what we've got folks, and keep looking forward to what I reckon is a bright future. The forwards we've got are young and hungry. Just got to keep them injury free.
  • Was that meant to rhyme? I've read it back a few times and I can't get it to work
  • Would never happen

Too much resentment on both sides.

If they could put it aside, he'd probably get the best of the rest of his career and we'd probably go up.
  • New Bournemouth contract
  • Yes. All the suggestions that he wanted to move out to play and the interview says that he wanted a new contract in the summer but was unhappy that he didn't get one. Now that he has a new contract he is happy to stay at Bournemouth, again.

So that's alright then isn't it?