Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton and Palace fans...

Charlton are pretty different to Millwall fans but Palace?

Rivalry aside, aren't the two sets of fans pretty similar? There is a minority of losers attached to both clubs (as with any U.K club) who like to cause trouble, but not many. Yes, they've got a load of glory fans swelling their ranks at the moment which is a bit annoying.

'The Palace Ultras'...okay, we've never gone that low.

Maybe they are a bit more arrogant than us but in saying that, didn't some of our fans want rid of Curbishley because 'he'd taken us as far as he could' and wanted someone who could get us into Europe?

Just saying.

I will now go and get my tin hat and hide behind the sofa.

Comments

• Options
    Not sure what you mean.
  • Options
    Can't believe you spend time thinking about this in the first place.
  • Options
    'Here's a list of things that make Palace different to Charlton, but aren't they so similar'. Odd.
  • Options
    Cringe. I think the dig that a lot of our fans are obsessed with Palace is pretty accurate.
  • Options
    Sink
  • Options
    Beat me to it Cray. Get the torpedoes ready.
  • Options
    I think I should flag this thread .saying charlton fans are like palace fans is lower than a snakes belly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you really think that's the kind of club we are I suggest you leave right now and follow them

Goodbye you know where the door is now f@#k off and stop wasting space on this intelligent forum
  • Options

'Here's a list of things that make Palace different to Charlton, but aren't they so similar'. Odd.

Yeah, but apart from that, what have the Palace fans done different to us?
  • Options
    I genuinely haven't met enough Palace fans to comment on this, but the fundamental difference is that they're Croydon and we're Charlton. It is a geographical disparity that lends far more to the uniqueness of each club than anything else.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    They are a bunch of pathetic wankers ...simple
  • Options
    Does this apply to both sets of fans?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    iaitch said:

Does this apply to both sets of fans?

Serious question from the Soapbox ?

At the end of the Wolves game,
    Most of our fans were great in clapping our players.

Two Alcohol laden Fans were telling them to "Fuck off"
    (one guy was in his 50's and another was in his mid 20's, they weren't together)

was it was only 2 out of 700 ?( think of Chile ? that's how far away from some fans we were)

If your CHARLTON TILL YOU DIE ?

read the small print of what that entails. (win or lose)
  • Options
    Grudgingly find myself agreeing with Riviera. Not a fan of "Americanisation" and definitely not Ultras either, but when you're watching one of their games and the crowd are up for it, it's almost like they're ALL up for it. Not often that happens at The Valley. We'll always find reasons to dislike/hate them and rightly so, but we are starting to sound a bit lame in as much as we're turning into the sort of fans we accuse them of being.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Most Palace fans I've met are similar to Charlton fans, Watford fans, Brighton fans etc

Yes there are cringey things about Palace, but I bet our players wouldn't complain if the "Covered End" gave them to support that the Ultras give Palace...
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Plastic club followed by pathetic plastic fans - we are many things but 'plastic' isn't a word anyone I know (and I do know some non CAFC people!) would use to describe us.

Apart from a couple of second tier titles, they've pretty much won bugger all (unless you include the Third Division South and the Zenith Data Systems Cup). Their ground is and always has been a shit hole and their owners have almost exclusively been tossers of the highest order. We have nothing whatsoever in common with their supporters - FFS they're not even a London club.

They are an insignificant outcrop of Croydon and in the fullness of time they will crawl back under the stone from whence they came.

• Options
    Really don,t care about them ! When we play them it means only a tad more than a game against Orient or Fulham, it's just a London derby. The only game I get up for is Millwall.

• Options
    Far too much palace loving on this thread.

Let's not forget the last time they came to the valley and didn't even sell out the full quota.
    Which is odd considering the 'great support' they supposedly have. :neutral:
  • Options
    Similar because we are local teams and I admire anyone who supports their local team, even if it is Palace or Millwall.

Still dislike them though.
  • Options
    Never met a Palace fan that wasn't a complete knob, 3 of em,