Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon finding out already about Palace rivalry

Comments

• I'm a little surprised that KM or RM or Keith Peacock hasn't told Guy of the club history nor that Guy hasn't enquired about it, I find that a little sad.
  • I'm a little surprised that KM or RM or Keith Peacock hasn't told Guy of the club history nor that Guy hasn't enquired about it, I find that a little sad.

I agree with the sentiment but our record against local rivals has never been good.

Having a manager who likes to win and can approach matches without too much baggage could have it's advantages.

Still, I'm also surprised. That said I guess we haven't played Palace under RDs regime anyway.
  • Our record with Millwall and Palace is poor
    but our record against Chelsea and West ham is very good in the recent past.
    I have seen CAFC beat the Chelski and the Gold/sullivan/ brady bunch more than i have seen us beat the Surrey team and the sons of dockers, how weird is that.
  • Yeah, righto Guy - we will let you know how the game goes. Enjoy your break.
  • Is our record against Palace poor? I must have rose tinted memories because I remember doing well against them generally.
  • Yeah our record isn't bad against the nigels
  • Personally don't really care a less about Palace.
  • Personally don't really care a less about Palace.

This. Millwall are the ones you want to beat (which is why it is so galling we never do). Don't care anything like as much about Palace.
  • Gotta love Guys answer to this. Perfect.
    Really trust what he says. He gives me the impression he really believes what he says. Top man.

But the boss was asked today if he might change that tactic bearing in mind who the next opponents are.

“First it isn’t important who plays - young or old or senior players,” Luzon responded.

“It is important which result that we bring.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015

Is our record against Palace poor? I must have rose tinted memories because I remember doing well against them generally.

Overall record v Palace 17 W 13 D 26 L that's doing well ! 17W out of 56 games played.
    They did the double the last season we played them.

On Millwall no comment is needed.

Compare to West Ham, where our record is 14W 10D 8L.

My last 3 trips to Chelsea were knocking them out the League cup,
    and 1-0 wins with Bartlett and Lisbie scoring the goals.

• edited August 2015

Personally don't really care a less about Palace.

This. Millwall are the ones you want to beat (which is why it is so galling we never do). Don't care anything like as much about Palace.
    I think it depends on who you know, I've never ever met a millwall fan and simply don't care about those games, in fact I think I dislike wednesday more.

But because I was born in croydon and live in norwood I spend my whole life surrounded by palace fans, really arrogant palace fans. When they were going bust in 2010 I was absolutely delighted, couldn't wait for the day when shithole park would be knocked down and the sainsburys next door could expand and turn it into their carpark. A tiny plaque would sit in the middle next to some shopping trolleys commemorating their miserable existence.
    Then they got bought out by Jordan Mk2 and he just won't fuck off out of tv/radio/papers. At a similar time they cultivated this silly "ultra" image which has only grown in the last few years, led by Jonny-come-latelys and Danny Dyer types, which I absolutely despise. Finally that brings us to Satan-in-human-form himself, Alan Pardrew, one of the most loathsome vile human-beings to have ever existed, who has succeeded in combining and concentrating my hatreds. I just want them to burn
    @Goonerhater is your man :wink: