Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which of our new signing have you been most impressed with so far and why?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gary for me
  • Options
    Tied between Mak (passion), Bauer (solid) and Kashi (effort) for my favourite but at a push I'd say Kashi has the biggest chance of becoming a club legend
  • Options
    If I had to pick one, it would be Bauer, and looking at they way they are shipping goals, if i were Sunderland I would be bidding for him already, even after just 4 league games for us.

But like others, very impressed/happy with the overall quality, this team could really go places...
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Unfortunately, if they keep improving and do that well, will RD sell them at the end of the season? Don't forget, he does not want to make a loss. I am not having a go at RD, just remembering what he did to Standard Leige

Don't forget Mak is only a loan and I think would be too expensive for us to make permanent, unless we were promoted of course!

Mak, Bauer and Kashi from what I've seen; all impressive in different ways.
  • Options
    Kashi
    Ba
    Bauer
    Makienok
    Berdych
    Ceballos - haven't seen enough to judge yet
    Sarr - haven't seen enough to judge yet

It will be interesting to revisit this thread in 10 -15 games.
    Huskaris said:

That order is exactly the same for me!

Ceballos I will never like for that corner challenge thing that was posted here a few days back, for some reason the fact that he would cheat on something like that against his own teammates has really stuck with me. I hate stuff like that in sport, so to me he will always be a little bitch.

WTF
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Huskaris said:

Ceballos I will never like for that corner challenge thing that was posted here a few days back, for some reason the fact that he would cheat on something like that against his own teammates has really stuck with me. I hate stuff like that in sport, so to me he will always be a little bitch.

what are you on about?
    He means the SoccerAM challenge between him / Ba / Gudmundsson...

They each had to score from a corner from the Left and then from the Right and the ball wasn't allowed to bounce before going into the goal (Person with the least amount of chances won)... Ceballos hit one shot which went into the goal but clearly didnt bounce and claimed it before going on to win overall (basically cheated)
    If it didn't bounce is that not a valid goal?

• Options

ross1 said:

Unfortunately, if they keep improving and do that well, will RD sell them at the end of the season? Don't forget, he does not want to make a loss. I am not having a go at RD, just remembering what he did to Standard Leige

Don't forget Mak is only a loan and I think would be too expensive for us to make permanent, unless we were promoted of course!

We have an option to buy Mak, what makes you think it's an unachievable option unless we go up?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    ross 1; best just to enjoy each game at the moment because, like life,

we start off in tears and it ends in tears so let's just try to revel in the bits in the middle :smiley:
  • Options

Think Sarr and Bauer will turn into an epic centre back combo over the next 3 or 4 years.

Unless we're promoted in that time, i'd say it's highly unlikely Bauer will still be with us.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Gary for me

I know Reza had a good 10 mins before his injury,
    but your taking the wee wee again.

gary.jpg 173.5K
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ross1 said:

We have an option to buy Mak, what makes you think it's an unachievable option unless we go up?
    I didn't know there was an option. I'm just going by his past transfer fees but if Palermo want rid and we have first refusal then we may be able to snap up a bargain, and from what I have seen and read he'd be a very good permanent signing, if affordable.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Dazzler21 said:

Huskaris said:

what are you on about?
    He means the SoccerAM challenge between him / Ba / Gudmundsson...

They each had to score from a corner from the Left and then from the Right and the ball wasn't allowed to bounce before going into the goal (Person with the least amount of chances won)... Ceballos hit one shot which went into the goal but clearly didnt bounce and claimed it before going on to win overall (basically cheated)
    Err bit confused, sounds like he played by the rules as you have outlined them, if it didn't bounce?
  • Options
    It bounced before it went in... the guy just typed it wrong..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vwnzVTAT74

• Options
    Kashi is one of the best players we've had for several years, not just out of this year's crop of newbies. Has time in possession, works like a demon, rarely wastes a pass, good engine, too footed. As spectacular as 40 yard goals always are, it was his anticipation to intercept that really showed his class at Peterborough.
    Bauer is excellent too, harder to tell with CH's of course because they're often doing their best work which keeps things quiet at the back making him less obvious.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

In fairness I think the first was in and the second was outside.
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options
    Compared to this, the Geoff Hurst was it over the line was small fry.
  • Options
    Khazi
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015
    IMO you could put Kashi (the way he has started the season) in the Arsenal side and he wouldn't weaken them. Bauer looks every inch a premiership player. Our strongest team is arguably the strongest in the league - but the question mark has to be the strength of the squad over a long hard season. The youngsters that have been called upon have been excellent so far, but at this early stage we have already had to call on a few and I don't think you can carry too many in the side at the same time as we had to do at times last season. I would like to see a couple more signings at the right level. Then a real promotion push is more than possible - even likely. Of course Luzon will have to keep everybody motivated and happy.

There clearly has been an improvement in the scouting - Last season, we brought in JBG, Vetokele and Diarra and this season has been arguably even better. We are really making the bookies look like mugs and whilst our odds have shortened, they clearly still haven't worked out the quality we have. As we stand top half guranteed - if we are not unlucky with injuries or bring a couple of decent squad players in, we have to expect it to be better. Who would you swap Henderson, Solly, Bauer, Cousins, Kashi, JBG, Watt, Makienok and Vetokle for in our league? And the others are very decent players too.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Khazi

Bog off ?

I'm telling you the magnificent 7 will all come good.

• Options
    mascot88 said:

I think he just wanted it to be over so he could get in from the rain.
  • Options
    Ba has surprised me the most for his attacking quality.
  • Options
    Ahmed Kashi - Premier League material. His reading of the game in Central Midfield is top draw, and he can play a bit as well. If he plays close to every game and the rest of the team around him produces their best, we will finish Top Six. I don't expect anyone to give us problems in the central areas.
  • Options
    I think the OP has called this spot on. Pitbull Kashi for me.
  • Options
    Bauer for me, just ahead of Kashi.