Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Posh v Charlton - Post Match Views

Well in some ways that for me was probably the most impressive result so far in this impressive season.

Amazing to record such a comfortable win with so many changes and so much inexperience in the side.

Really loom forward to hearing from those there, bet it's a great drive home.

Comments

• Great win. Confidence flowing through the whole squad kids included. Can't ask for much more than that. IGOR back with a goal , Luzon expecting an AM to be signed this week. Hopefully watt is fit for Saturday . Happy days
  • edited August 2015
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2240304/#Comment_2240304

Seeing as I was cut off half way through a lengthy end of game comment.
  • A fantastic result, we normally don't take any cup seriously, well done to those who made the journey, safe trip back.
  • AFKA, I hope this problem with Vanilla does not happens again on Saturday

• Great result, great experience for the younger players and good to see Igor back.

& Well done Malmo
  • cafc4life said:

Great win. Confidence flowing through the whole squad kids included. Can't ask for much more than that. IGOR back with a goal , Luzon expecting an AM to be signed this week. Hopefully watt is fit for Saturday . Happy days

Has Luzon said Watt should be back in his post match interview? That would be the icing on the cake. All of a sudden the striker shortage is history - Mak, Watt, Igor, KAG are all scoring and a much improved Reza due back after the international break.
  • Given Igor is back, TWWW not too far away, Big Mak and KAG in form, Reza only a month away - wonder if Posh want to loan a striker who scored, won a pen and harried their defence.
  • edited August 2015
    They just bring a smile to my ugly mug at the moment...

Thank you Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't expect anything like that with that lineup. Thought we'd compete but lack of experience and presence up front could have been a problem.

Squad depth is obviously a concern but if a few of the youngsters can offer something in the first team that could make a real difference.
  • Looking forward to hearing from those there as well. @Bedsaddick I think I remember you saying this was a good one for you to get to. @Blucher you go to all the games as well from what I can gather. Thoughts?
  • Fantastic result considering all of the youth that played. Could not be happier for Kennedy scoring on his debut. KAG showed he can slot home a cool penalty. Kasha showed he is better than Charlie Adam, and Igor scores on his first game back. I can't think of a better way to win a game!
  • Like to see a small club so GL can play the youngsters again and give them more experience
  • I always knew Kish would catch one right one day!
  • When/where will the highlights be ?
  • @cabbles - sadly not there tonight. It sounded great on Player and the game could really not have gone much better on so many levels.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

When/where will the highlights be ?

Channel 5 tomorrow, probably on SSN about 4am.
  • I couldn't listen to the game today, forgot my headphones and was travelling home from work (stupid stupid) From the match thread sounded like posh had some chances but decent work from Pope and the defence and helpful to be 1-0 up after 3 minutes. Well done Kennedy, he must be well made up.

Another Luzon side that seemed to have enough spine and enough attack to close the game out. He does set us up to win and so far (queue the fear) wow.
  • se9addick said:

When/where will the highlights be ?

Ch 5 11pm tomorrow, but SSN later no doubt.
  • Harry Lennon ‏@HLennon94
    Great 4-1 win tonight against Peterborough, good to get 90 mins!! Congrats to @Ollie_Muldoon and @MikhailKennedy on the debuts aswell #COYA
  • JordanCousins ‏@jordancousins94
    Good 4-1 win, thanks to all the travelling fans that made the trip, Congrats to @MikhailKennedy & @Ollie_Muldoon on their debuts
  • Règan ‏@R_charlescook
    Great performance tonight. Congratulations to @Ollie_Muldoon and @MikhailKennedy on there debut.
  • Well this season just keeps giving.
    Great result with a hatful of positives.
    Well done the lads, GL, Km and RD.
    Can we be rewarded with a plum tie please....,we bloody deserve it!!!
    This is our season Lifers......oh yes!
    COYRs
  • was GL on the touchline or in the stand?