Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upper North Turnstile Woes

I'm Upper North J block and been using turnstile 34 since it was built. Arrived later than normal about 3 mins. before KO, went straight to an empty gate 34, having noticed massive queues outside gate 33 and 31; 32 was shut.
Stewards scanning peoples season tickets and letting them in through the exit gates. Total chaos.
Thought no more about it and went to the empty 34, card rejected, tried again, card rejected.
'You're at the wrong gate' said a 'helpful steward' standing by the empty turnstile. Looked at my card and only allowed through gates 31 - 33!!
Gate 34 is definitely the quicker more direct route. Does the system have any flexibility?
I can appreciate that my season ticket won't work through East / West stand gates, but when you have empty usable turnstiles, then use them

Anyone else get caught up in the crush?

Comments

• Options
    Gate 34 is for the clique
  • Options
    My ticket is for East A, so I should be using Harvey Gardens but I've been using the North side turnstiles same as I always have and no problems so far.
  • Options
    I'm a person not a number....
  • Options
    I printed my tickets online and I had to wave it round for about 30 seconds before it let me in. Must have been a few like us that slowed everyone else down. I imagine it's told you to go through those turnstiles to make sure there's an even spread of people going through each one, so you won't necessarily go through the closest one. Although I'm just guessing there.
  • Options
    I've no idea what was going on at the turnstiles for the west stand on Saturday, the queues were absolutely massive, someone said a flask had got stuck in one of the turnstiles, not sure if they were joking.....
  • Options
    Queues for west stand turnstiles were massive it took over 15 mins to get through number 8 as number 7 was not working . as a result we did not have time for a quick pint. coupled with the fact the programme sellers in harvey gardens had sold out ( how it was only 14K a crowd?) the club must have lost out on some extra turnover
  • Options

Gate 34 is for the clique

at last!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    DPFC said:

Queues for west stand turnstiles were massive it took over 15 mins to get through number 8 as number 7 was not working . as a result we did not have time for a quick pint. coupled with the fact the programme sellers in harvey gardens had sold out ( how it was only 14K a crowd?) the club must have lost out on some extra turnover

They put an extra seller in Floyd Road but not apparently any more programmes, so they were selling out and moving what was left between pitches from about 2.25pm. They had run out completely by 2.40pm, although a few more were then brought out which were quickly snapped up.
  • Options
    Meant to bring this up as well, the queues were shocking to get into 31-34, why not just let us use any north upper turnstile it really doesn't matter. Just made it a minute late but I'm sure there was a few who missed at least 7-8 minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've got turnstile 27 on my season ticket. it's been closed for both league matches and have been told by the stewards to use 31-33. Not having all of the other turnstiles open will add to the congestion.
  • Options
    Have been going through turnstiles 35/36 for as long as I can remember but tickets now say 31-33 so queued up to get in there, ticket machine then broke down. Queued to get in the next one along but the ticket was rejected saying that I'd already entered and so I was then ushered in through the exit gate. Really don't get what the point is, had more than one person on each turnstile so can't be saving on wages and is just a pain.
  • Options
    Easy answer. Turn up 10 minutes after kick off and you will get your choice of empty turnstiles. That's what I did. Simples.
  • Options

Easy answer. Turn up 10 minutes after kick off and you will get your choice of empty turnstiles. That's what I did. Simples.

Or 40 minutes early. Same effect.