Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Championship - tightest ever?

23 out of 47 games so far drawn, is this the tightest league ever?

Comments

• Options
    Seems to get tighter every year but from what I've seen so far there is even less to choose between the sides (Rotherham excepted) than in the past few years
  • Options
    I agree with both of the above & thought it would be so, before a ball was kicked.

Rotherham look weak & possibly Bolton, but I doubt there will be many points seperating 6th from 16th.
  • Options
    I think it's going to be a very competitive and interesting league this year.
  • Options
    Halix said:

I think it's going to be a very competitive and interesting league this year.

That's how I see it too, it's a difficult division to get out of with quite a number of contenders ...including us.
  • Options
    last couple of years other teams have dominated it, but this is traditionally a league that if you get a good winning streak together then you're as good as promoted. It's just getting tthat winning streak going..
  • Options

23 out of 47 games so far drawn, is this the tightest league ever?

No, the season started early...most teams are still on the beach and lack the match sharpness to attack, create chances and score goals so they are trying to keep possession and defend...
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Don't agree think there are 7 decent teams who will pull away, Derby, Boro, Ipswich, us and possibly the relegated 3 from the prem, the rest are pony.

Still think we are one of only 7 decent teams this year?
  • Options
    We would have been if we would have added 4-5 more squad players. This is a piss poor league and it really wouldn't have taken much to have us as a top 7 team. But the tight arseholes didn't want to invest.
  • Options
    To be honest I still don't think there's a lot between the sides. Brighton are top and unbeaten but all eight of their wins have been by a single goal, including coming from one down with a late winner at home to Bristol City last night.

Most sides can beat each other as Brentford have shown at Wolves tonight.

We are very poor at the moment due to injuries and loss of form confidence but we didn't look too bad against Forest/Derby/Hull/QPR earlier in the season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that's the positive with the championship string a little run together and you can climb rapidly, us to string a little run together is another thing.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

We would have been if we would have added 4-5 more squad players. This is a piss poor league and it really wouldn't have taken much to have us as a top 7 team. But the tight arseholes didn't want to invest.

Nonsense. This is possibly the strongest second tier in the history of football.
  • Options
    The last two seasons has seen the gap between 3rd and 21st widen markedly in points terms. If that means anything!
  • Options

I agree with both of the above & thought it would be so, before a ball was kicked.

Rotherham look weak & possibly Bolton, but I doubt there will be many points seperating 6th from 16th.

Decent prediction as it stands. Bottom 2.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Nicholas said:

Nonsense. This is possibly the strongest second tier in the history of football.
    I agree with Nick. Brighton aren't very good and are clear top.

Birmingham are 2nd.

It's a piss poor league and at the moment we are the pissiest.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Don't agree think there are 7 decent teams who will pull away, Derby, Boro, Ipswich, us and possibly the relegated 3 from the prem, the rest are pony.

Still think we are one of only 7 decent teams this year?
    I think we're comfortably top 6