Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Athletics Championships 2015

Amazing looking stadium that Birdsnest, apparently West Ham want it for a holiday home.

In the heptathlon, Ennis and KJT 1 and 2 after two events, but neither impressing. Jess just seems to be lacking that spark. KJT has so much potential but looks so experienced. Somehow she managed to jump after completely forgetting how to do it.

Comments

• Options
    up early to watch Eniis & KJT #PERV
  • Options
    I normally prefer the middle to longer distance running events, this time I'm looking forward to the sprints .. can 'drug free' Bolt win over 'junkie' Gatlin .. we will soon know
  • Options

Amazing looking stadium that Birdsnest, apparently West Ham want it for a holiday home.

In the heptathlon, Ennis and KJT 1 and 2 after two events, but neither impressing. Jess just seems to be lacking that spark. KJT has so much potential but looks so experienced. Somehow she managed to jump after completely forgetting how to do it.

I'm not surprised Ennis is lacking spark. It's 7am . Get back to bed love.
  • Options
    Watched it this morning, early days yet for them both, and they've both qualified for Rio. I'd like to see KJT get the edge over Jess as it will make the competition and Rio more interesting.
  • Options
    Mo gets his gold and Ennis-Hill/KJT looking good for medals too..
  • Options
    Just watched the Mo race, blinding
  • Options
    Good old Mo. Quorn is the future
  • Options
    After the high jump yesterday I had a feeling KJT was gonna do something silly like that in the long jump.

Jess's now unless she gets injured
  • Options
    i've got an interest in the mens hammer final today. Been working with athletes & footballers in Qatar for 4 years now, and one of our boys (now graduated) has qualified for the mens hammer final in his first world champs. He was junior world record holder and is ranked 8th in the world in his first year in the seniors. Good luck Ashraf Amgad El-Seify!!
  • Options

i've got an interest in the mens hammer final today. Been working with athletes & footballers in Qatar for 4 years now, and one of our boys (now graduated) has qualified for the mens hammer final in his first world champs. He was junior world record holder and is ranked 8th in the world in his first year in the seniors. Good luck Ashraf Amgad El-Seify!!

Youve got an interest in men's hammers? Each to their own mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You know me, get what i can these days!!!!
  • Options
    So glad Bolt beat Gatlin.
  • Options
    All over the place getting to the final and then ... BOOM!
  • Options
    Yep, great viewing. KJT has a little way to go yet to reach the maturity shown by Jess, but I'm confident she will get there.

Shame about Laura Weightman (Crammy's protege) tripping at the end of the qualifier, but her time will come. Future gold medalist there.
  • Options
    KJT showed all the qualities that I think will make her olympic champ next year. She had a shocker on day 1 yet still managed to win 2 events and pb in the other 2. Then today she had the option of taking a safe 3rd jump and locking up bronze or going for the win. In the end she was a mm from a jump that would have got her gold
  • Options
    Great vaulting by Holly Bleasdale overnight, looking back to the early promise she showed 2-3 years ago.

Good to see Greg Rutherford qualify well, got his work cut out for gold but one of his rivals have already fallen.

Thank god for Sky+, and being able to whizz through 5hr programmes in an hour
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Well done to Greg Rutherford. Completes the grand slam. Olympic, World, European and Commonwealth Champion.

He now becomes the fifth Briton to hold all four major titles at the same time, joining Jonathan Edwards, Linford Christie, Sally Gunnell and Daley Thompson.
  • Options
    Indeed, shirty5.

And well done to Laura Muir in the 1500m - 5th place.

What an awful evening for the Americans though !

Blown away in the men's 400m hurdles, the long jump and the women's 1500m.

In the latter, Jenny Simpson lost a shoe .....didn't hinder Brian Whittle in the 400m relay in the European Champs, Stuttgart 1986 !

Great memories of the days we were fortunate to attend .
  • Options
    Im going to be watching that clip of Usain Bolt get taken down by a Segway for a very long time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad Ohuruogu lost.
  • Options
    Dont tell Rothko.
  • Options
    Very impressed with Dina Asher-Smith in the 200
  • Options
    Dunno if it's been mentioned, but poor show on having no GB flag on the kit.
  • Options

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but poor show on having no GB flag on the kit.

Greg Rutherford shops at Milletts then......
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Len, how dare you? If I were to supply the kit to the team, they would undoubtedly have a GB flag on it. Including the tents!
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited August 2015
    Looking forward to the 200m final, Asher-Smith looked very rapid in the semi.
  • Options
    Well done Dina!!! No medal ( at 19 plenty of time) but broke British record that has stood for over 30 years.
  • Options
    Arise Sir Mo. Champion Supreme
  • Options

Arise Sir Mo. Champion Supreme

Stunning, he is peerless, had that race in his pocket from the start