Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Hull | Sat 22 Aug | KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Tim Robinson in charge tomorrow. 2 games this season, 7 yellows, no reds. Last season, 31 games 120 yellows, 3 reds.

Huddersfield away last season was the last time he took charge of a Charlton game. 1-1 draw where he sent off Huddersfield's Murray Wallace.
  • I am feeling a bit more positive. I know we have key players out with injuries but Guy Luzon is a good manager and understands tactics.
    I reckon he will play this game more like an away fixture. Let Hull do all the attacking and we try and catch them out on the break.
    If it works a 1-0 win would be my prediction.
  • If no Watt and Solly...

451 - Pope - Charlie Cook Bauer Diarra Fox - Gudmonsson Kashi Ba Cousins - Ceballos - Makienok

If that goes Pete Tong....

352 - Pope - Bauer Diarra Sarr - Cousins Kashi Ba Gudmonsson Fox - Ceballos Makienok

Bath tubs...Jackson, A-Grant, THD, Lennon and a couple of kids for experience.

Play a tactical game and grind out a sneaky 1-0 win with a late Makienok header.
  • All depends on what team we are able to field. With Solly and Watt I'd be confident of a positive performance and an entertaining game against a good hull side with a chance of a positive result. If we have to make do and mend it'll possible be a cagy affair a la Peeters with us hoping to sneak something with a chance that we'll be comfortably overpowered. Hopefully Guy is playing mind games. Looking forward to it whatever the case.
  • edited August 2015
    Double barrelled input into the team, Charles-Cook and Ahearne-Grant leads to a double barrelled victory

CAFC 2 v Hull City (wannabe tigers) 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_7Kx2FlFQY
  • Hull win 1-2
  • Think this will be our first loss. It'll take the sheen off our start a bit so we'll have to string a few wins together to keep momentum
  • 0-2, The struggle for goals will begin to show.
  • 3-1 Big Mac hat trick.
  • Obviously a difficult game, but hopefully we can sneak a 1-0, with the big fella getting his nut to one.
  • Sponsored links:

• I see that, having tipped us to lose every game so far, that eejit Ian Holloway (he of 'Ollie's Predictions' on the Sky website) says he is "not making that mistake again" and has tipped us to beat Hull 2-1. Not a good omen.

Because he's been so utterly useless so far (e.g.0/10 on the opening weekend and one correct in midweek), Mrs Holloway is also having a go. She predicts 3-1 to Hull.
  • Another draw with plenty of sausage rolls in the away dressing room for Brucie
  • A second 0-0 of the week with both teams with work to do before the window closes.
  • The Mighty Haddocks 3 - 0 The Tiggers (2 from the Big Dane 1 from the Fucking big German)
  • Gonna miss this one due to a prior commitment and gutted. I think we will keep our unbeaten run going with a 1-0 win. You will all need to get to the ground early if you want a pie though with Steve Bruce in town.
  • If Watt and Solly both play then i am sticking with my initial prediction of a one nil win for the Mighty Addicks.
  • 1-3. 2 down at HT, we pull one back and pressure but they wrap it up.
  • 3 - 1

Big Dane, a CB and Solly.

Theirs is a pen.
  • Blucher said:

I see that, having tipped us to lose every game so far, that eejit Ian Holloway (he of 'Ollie's Predictions' on the Sky website) says he is "not making that mistake again" and has tipped us to beat Hull 2-1. Not a good omen.

Because he's been so utterly useless so far (e.g.0/10 on the opening weekend and one correct in midweek), Mrs Holloway is also having a go. She predicts 3-1 to Hull.

Have they got any little Holloway pricks (children) who might be able to enlighten us with their opinion.

2-0 to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-0 to the mighty Addicks.
  • Even without the injuries this game was going to be tough. Hull are a good team with mostly premiership players. It will be a good test and we must not be too despondent if we lose. Bruce is annoying but anyone who walks out on Palace can't be all bad? 2-0 to Hull.
  • We've still got the spine of our team even if Solly and TWWW are injured. I have every faith in RCC and KAG if they come into the team. It'll be a tough match and we will create chances. The question is can we take them! I'm going for another draw.
  • Hard earned 1-0 win.
  • Fancy we might just nick this 2-1 win
  • Fancy us to play well, but who's going to score the goals?
    Need somebody to step up to the plate if Tone is out.
    0-1 Hull.
    Hope to see Brucie on the train out of Charlton station again. Man of the people.
    Howaay, where's the tuck trolley
  • 2-0 Charlton, JBG and Bauer
  • First game of the season for me tomorrow. Haven't had the best of records recently so would take another draw.

1-1