Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming Video Games thread

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    Got an Xbox trial with my laptop so gave Cities Skylines 2 a go and it's basically everything I've wanted since Sim City 4 came out 20 years ago. Anyone given it a go? Really smart game.

Also, any racing game recommendations by the way? Have downloaded Forza but not played yet.
  • Options
    Anyone else bored by Starfield yet? Just feels too samey, much more so than Skyrim.
  • Options
    Got an Xbox trial with my laptop so gave Cities Skylines 2 a go and it's basically everything I've wanted since Sim City 4 came out 20 years ago. Anyone given it a go? Really smart game.

Also, any racing game recommendations by the way? Have downloaded Forza but not played yet.
    It's a bit niche but I've really enjoyed the new WRC game by EA/Codemasters.

Am I right in saying that CS2 only runs on PC and not console yet?
  • Options
    Bethesda got lazy
  • Options
    Bethesda got lazy
    Released it 3 years too early. Look at GTA, I know everyone's joking about how long it's been but I bet when it comes out no-one complains how same-y it is or that the game areas feel half finished and sparse
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

It's a bit niche but I've really enjoyed the new WRC game by EA/Codemasters.

Am I right in saying that CS2 only runs on PC and not console yet?
    CS2 definitely feels like a PC-only game based on how I've played it - buildings don't play nice on uneven ground and there are a few bugs, e.g. I have a train that goes underwater into one of my tunnels but it's really satisfying.
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    Anyone else bored by Starfield yet? Just feels too samey, much more so than Skyrim.
    Completed it 11 times. Massive waste of time for the most part. But what video games aren't?

Should have just played through it 2-3 times. 

Now having fun in it using Console Commands.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    EastStand said:
    Completed it 11 times. Massive waste of time for the most part. But what video games aren't?

11 times! That's impressive. Have you completed any other games more times than that? I have trouble completing a single game, usually lose interest around the 70% mark.
  • Options
    Light no Fire trailer. from Hello games those who made No Man's Sky. Looks like another epic. Possibly more co op based. Also all the footage below is actual in game footage instead of some theatrical trailer. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EurwCUKajdc
    When I saw this whilst I was watching the Game Awards I immediately knew it would be a bit of me!
  • Options
    FFVII Rebirth demo is out and a 20 minute State of Play video.

https://youtu.be/WgdkN2tCAFw?si=De2UcRsr5nHEsbwc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 7
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    EastStand said:

11 times! That's impressive. Have you completed any other games more times than that? I have trouble completing a single game, usually lose interest around the 70% mark.
    By completed we're talking story mode 9 times 2 "full" completions - first and last.

I have completed GTAV's story maybe 5 times. 

Final fantasy VII AND VIII probably 6-8 times each. 

Fallout 4, maybe 5 times?

I'm not really into replaying stories, unless they have multiple ways to play through.
  • Options
    I genuinely think I've completed the Gears of War 1 campaign anywhere between 20-30 times if you include the ultimate edition. 

Also reckon I've done MGS1 and 2 easily 40+ times between them both. 

I tend to just hammer one game and neglect the rest. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Worth getting a PS5 to play the full game?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Worth getting a PS5 to play the full game?
    Yeah I’d say so, definitely if you loved the original game. I bought a PS5 to play Remake, was worth well worth it, it got me back into gaming (other than FM).

Rebirth is only the the second third of the remake triology so best to play Remake first or even the original game before those two.
  • Options
    I 100% remake on the PS4 during the pandemic. Pretty shit they can't just release the whole thing at once like they did in '97.
  • Options
    I 100% remake on the PS4 during the pandemic. Pretty shit they can't just release the whole thing at once like they did in '97.
    Ah you know all about it then. Know what you mean, I wonder how long we’ll be waiting for the third game. Hopefully not as long since the open world will already exist.

I’m glad they’re doing it properly though, it would have been easier and cheaper to rush through an exact remake of the original game but it’s clear a lot of thought and effort went into expanding on and adding to the original version.
  • Options
    Anyone playing Helldivers 2 at the moment? Crazy fun game. Like a FPS starship troopers. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Ah you know all about it then. Know what you mean, I wonder how long we’ll be waiting for the third game. Hopefully not as long since the open world will already exist.

I’m glad they’re doing it properly though, it would have been easier and cheaper to rush through an exact remake of the original game but it’s clear a lot of thought and effort went into expanding on and adding to the original version.
    It was a great game and they added a load to the original, but I expect there will still only be 5 different colour chocobos! I'll massively prefer it to a FFVII in 4k but it's still annoying. 100% remake may make Rebirth pretty easy, my characters are at a far higher level than if I was to exit Midgar straight away instead of replaying it.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

It was a great game and they added a load to the original, but I expect there will still only be 5 different colour chocobos! I'll massively prefer it to a FFVII in 4k but it's still annoying. 100% remake may make Rebirth pretty easy, my characters are at a far higher level than if I was to exit Midgar straight away instead of replaying it.
    I think I read your character levels won’t carry over from the first game, they’ll be set to the average level people get to.

Believe there’s also a mode in which enemy levels increase alongside your party to keep the challenge up.
  • Options
    I just platinumed Spider-Man 2 (a very easy one to do in fairness). Decent game but very very samey as the first game + Miles Morales. 

Have got the Playstation Plus Premium so decided to give FFVII remake a go. Completely hooked! What a game it has been so far! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decided to replay the GTA games from GTA3 onwards. Not the originals but the remastered ones that came out fairly recently.

I know there was a lot of criticism for the remasters, but so far haven’t really found any issues. I’m now onto Vice City. 

The storytelling of these games were so far ahead of its time, when you think they originally came out over 20 years ago. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Decided to replay the GTA games from GTA3 onwards. Not the originals but the remastered ones that came out fairly recently.

I know there was a lot of criticism for the remasters, but so far haven’t really found any issues. I’m now onto Vice City. 

The storytelling of these games were so far ahead of its time, when you think they originally came out over 20 years ago. 
    Vice city is the only one I’ve never played properly. Might have to give a go at some point 
  • Options
    I just platinumed Spider-Man 2 (a very easy one to do in fairness). Decent game but very very samey as the first game + Miles Morales. 

Have got the Playstation Plus Premium so decided to give FFVII remake a go. Completely hooked! What a game it has been so far! 
    Have you played the original FFVII or are you completely new to it?

Having loads of fun with Rebirth. I prefer more linear games with a story but as it’s FFVII I’m enjoying exploring the open world and mini games in between progressing the story.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Have you played the original FFVII or are you completely new to it?

Having loads of fun with Rebirth. I prefer more linear games with a story but as it’s FFVII I’m enjoying exploring the open world and mini games in between progressing the story.
    I used to play it with my neighbour when I was about 6 or 7. Reckon i've played around 2/3 of the original but never completed it. 
  • Options
    Anyone playing Helldivers 2 at the moment? Crazy fun game. Like a FPS starship troopers. 
    It's not an FPS - you can FPS but it's clearly not designed too. 

It's a 3rd person over the shoulder shooter.