Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Visually Impaired Fan - Can you help?

Been asked to pass this on in the hope of finding a person or people who can help.

Please contact Andreas at the Mobility Team direct but let us know if a solution has been found.

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Charlton Athletic,

Wondering if you would be the right person to contact or know of the individual we could contact to see if there is a club supporter living in the Wandsworth area who would be able to travel to home football matches with a visually impaired client to the stadium on a regular basis over the winter months? The client in question has a friend that goes in the stadium with the client and helps the client with commentary once at the stadium.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need any more information regarding the enquiry.

Kind regards, Andreas

Andreas Christodoulou
London Mobility Team
Tel: 0845 372 7415

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Surely the free "helper/carer" season ticket accompanying the disabled season ticket would help with the travel if there's someone in that part? The Council should assess and fund the expenses via Direct Payment scheme too?
  • edited August 2015
    I don't know the answer to that but can you suggest that to the mobility team member as it isn't an area I know anything about.

Andreas.Christodoulou@guidedogs.org.uk

Thanks
  • bump if anyone can help
  • The fan still hasn't found someone to help them travel to games.

If there is anyone on here or someone you know that might be able to help a visually impaired fellow fan.

Please contact Andreas.Christodoulou@guidedogs.org.uk direct

Could anyone reading this spread the word via any other networks/sites/facebook/twitter/supporters groups etc that they use that they use.

C'mon, lets make it happen
  • I would be happy to do it as a one off if needed but realistically Wandsworth is too far away from me to do regularly. Assuming he would need company going home afterwards?
  • Thanks GNelson

could you contact the mobility team and let them know. Sure a one off is better then nothing.
  • Yep, will do.
  • edited September 2015

Been asked to pass this on in the hope of finding a person or people who can help.

Please contact Andreas at the Mobility Team direct but let us know if a solution has been found.

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Charlton Athletic,

Wondering if you would be the right person to contact or know of the individual we could contact to see if there is a club supporter living in the Wandsworth area who would be able to travel to home football matches with a visually impaired client to the stadium on a regular basis over the winter months? The client in question has a friend that goes in the stadium with the client and helps the client with commentary once at the stadium.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need any more information regarding the enquiry.

Kind regards, Andreas

Andreas Christodoulou
    London Mobility Team
    Tel: 0845 372 7415

Has he got Palace tickets?
  • Anyone else?

Have you passed this on yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Shared on Charlton Live Twitter account, fingers crossed. I'll mention on the show too.
  • Cheers Louis,

The wider we spread the net the more chance of finding one or more people to help.
  • Can't the trusts network of 5,000 help?
  • edited September 2015
    Rothko said:

Can't the trusts network of 5,000 help?

Don't see why not. @rikofold?
  • Live over that way, but unfortunately don't go enough these days to help.

Hope you find someone to help
  • It's probably one for @Pico but leave it with me and I'll see how we can help.
  • It will be on our website this evening