Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Derby 1-1 Charlton

Many thanks to the 26 Lifers who gave the marks, here are the stats:

(Click on each pic to expand)

Comments

• we are top OPTA performances so far ... wow!
  • great stuff @lancashire lad

Congratulations Patrick, two league games and two Man of the match awards for new arrivals.
  • Great stuff, Lancs - like the pass accuracy and opta score to help mitigate any CL bias ;-)

One thing I don't understand - how come our goalkeeper had no "defensive actions"? Can anyone shed any light on what a "defensive action" means if it doesn't include a save?
  • two things to worry about from stats on Saturday, the poor passing from Pope, Makienok and fox, which why I thought we where giving the ball away during ther game. then tackles won was very poor. These are areas they need to improve on.
  • I think the pass accuracy rates attributed to keepers are always misleading .. when the keeper rolls the ball to a colleague does this qualify as a pass ? .. otherwise, the ball is punted upfield in the direction of a colleague in the hope that he wins it in the air .. if (e.g.) Makienok is beaten in the air to a 'pass' punted in his direction, does this qualify as a mis-pass ? .. B T W .. this is NOT a criticism of a very good job, just that I feel that keepers' 'distribution' is unique as compared to outfield players
  • Great stuff, Lancs - like the pass accuracy and opta score to help mitigate any CL bias ;-)

One thing I don't understand - how come our goalkeeper had no "defensive actions"? Can anyone shed any light on what a "defensive action" means if it doesn't include a save?

Says in the small print that defensive actions are "Blocks, interceptions and clearances" - so I guess that's referring to things outfield players do from defensive positions.
  • OK, thanks, PIP - so he could save a penalty and still not get rated for any defensive actions...seems a bit odd, but guess they know what they are doing.
  • Nice work LL. Is it worth adding possession to the OPTA stats table?
  • OK, thanks, PIP - so he could save a penalty and still not get rated for any defensive actions...seems a bit odd, but guess they know what they are doing.

goalies do get some defensive action marks but usually no more than 1 or 2, my guess is that they get marks for anything they do that a defender would do, like come out and kick/head the ball away from an opposing player

as for Pope's passing accuracy - that was very low, last season Pope's accuracy % was at worst 17% and at best 71%