Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 18s

It finished Charlton 0 Birmingham 2 at the training ground. Charlton had all of the game but couldn't convert their chances. It was 0-0 at half time. Birmingham came out firing in the second half and got a penalty when the Charlton goalkeeper Callum Thomas misjudged a through ball and went back when he could have cleared it. The second goal came from a breakaway when Charlton were pushing for an equaliser. I can't bring you the team news because there were a number of players i didn't recognise.
The players i did recognise were Yao, Konsa, Bone, C. Thomas, Lookman and Lapslie all played well.

Comments

• How did Lookman do?
  • Lookman did very well but we were very lightweight up top.
  • Thanks Dick
  • Are Umerah and Hanlan now too old for U18s?
  • Are Umerah and Hanlan now too old for U18s?

Umerah and Hanlan are regulars for the U21s. There were a lot of sixteen year olds that I didn't recognise. Also the time of KO was 11.00. We didn't Kick off till 12.05. The Communications department need to communicate more.

• Thanks for the updates Dick. From the game at Griffin Park and some pre-season action, I'd hoped Konsa may have kicked on to at least a league loan. Seems very promising.
  • dickplumb said:

Are Umerah and Hanlan now too old for U18s?

Umerah and Hanlan are regulars for the U21s. There were a lot of sixteen year olds that I didn't recognise. Also the time of KO was 11.00. We didn't Kick off till 12.05. The Communications department need to communicate more.

We would have communicated it was a 12 o'clock KO if we weren't told it was an 11am KO! There must have been a late change which does happen from time to time with the academy games.
  • dickplumb said:

Are Umerah and Hanlan now too old for U18s?

We would have communicated it was a 12 o'clock KO if we weren't told it was an 11am KO! There must have been a late change which does happen from time to time with the academy games.
    It may not be the comms dept fault. But from the perspective of a supporter it is mighty annoying. I had things to do and busted a gut to get there for 11.00 only to find out it was 12.oo.
  • Thanks for the updates Dick. From the game at Griffin Park and some pre-season action, I'd hoped Konsa may have kicked on to at least a league loan. Seems very promising.

Konsa's still only a second year, won't turn 18 until later this year.
  • edited August 2015
    The Charlton team for Saturday but Konsa played. Thomas; Sarpong-Wiredu(Bangura-Williams), Assiana, Yao, Zemura; Bone, Lapslie (c), Millar(Willis); Bah(Morgan), Anderson, Lookman Subs(Not Used): Prall, ‎

• Sponsored links:

• Beats Huddersfield 4 - 0.

Lookman only got three this week. The boy's slipping
  • edited September 2015
    Anyone know anything about this morning's game home to Hull?
  • From Ipswich OS

Town’s U18s came from behind to beat Charlton 2-1 at Playford Road this morning.

Having gone behind to Kenneth Yao’s goal for the Addicks, who are top of the U18 Professional Development League Two South with the Blues second, central defender Luke Woolfenden (pictured) equalised in the 81st minute and striker Ben Morris won it with a penalty on 90, the first-year scholar’s 10th goal of the season.