Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LIBERAL CLUB

Heading up to Derby now so won't be checking this for a while again, but anybody know what's happening at The Liberal Club? Yesterday they seemed to be boarding the place up on the outside, or could have been just putting up new fences. I do know that it has been sold, but didn't know it was at risk of closing down so soon, if it is.

Comments

• Ah okay that's good news.
  • They are a bit behind with the refurb. They hoped to have it completed by now, but have been delayed due to an asbestos problem in the main bar area. Speaking to them on Saturday, they reckon it'll all be open by the end of September.
  • Tough time for those Liberals and events of 7 May and the great loss of seats must have put the refurb back ;-))
  • Refurb.

Your up early.
  • Caught the worm.
  • JonnyK said:

Tough time for those Liberals and events of 7 May and the great loss of seats must have put the refurb back ;-))

How many seats have The Liberal Club lost? Will it be all standing now?
  • JonnyK said:

Tough time for those Liberals and events of 7 May and the great loss of seats must have put the refurb back ;-))

How many seats have The Liberal Club lost? Will it be all standing now?

An official whoooosh

They lost their main seats virtually all bar 1 or 2 I think, some of them were always deemed the safe seats where some high profile bums sat regularly
  • Main hall is closed for refurb, , but a very good marquee and temporary bar in the back yard/beer garden, packed and great atmosphere at QPR game.
  • Does anyone know if it's fully reopened now following the building works and, if so, whether the capacity is broadly the same as in the past ? A few of us were thinking of popping in there prior to the Wolves game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know if it's fully reopened now following the building works and, if so, whether the capacity is broadly the same as in the past ? A few of us were thinking of popping in there prior to the Wolves game.
  • There's an echo on the forum ! Sort it out mods
  • Still not fully open as of last game. Gets quite packed inside but plenty of room out the back
  • Much obliged
  • I had a lovely cheese and onion role there back in the late 90s, possibly the 96/97 season
  • edited December 2015
    No one has ever had a lovely cheese and onion roll.
  • When they closed the Liberal Club for refurbishment, they didn't dispose of a sofa by any chance, which Katrien happened to spot while walking past...
  • Uboat said:

I did - I remember it, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it. Perhaps I'll return at the start of next season, the 20 year anniversary since I had a lovely cheese and onion role in the Liberal club
  • cabbles said:

Uboat said:

I did - I remember it, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it. Perhaps I'll return at the start of next season, the 20 year anniversary since I had a lovely cheese and onion role in the Liberal club
    hahahahaahhah .. in your role, were you the cheese .. or the onion .. or both ?
  • cabbles said:

Uboat said:

good question. I do remember going in there around that time as 14 year old. the days of brendan o connell in the hole.

• Sponsored links:

• Blucher said:

Does anyone know if it's fully reopened now following the building works and, if so, whether the capacity is broadly the same as in the past ? A few of us were thinking of popping in there prior to the Wolves game.

All the works should be completed by start of March i was told.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Uboat said:

good question. I do remember going in there around that time as 14 year old. the days of brendan o connell in the hole.

I've been in many holes my friend! :wink:
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Uboat said:

I've been in many holes my friend! :wink:
    It was Curbishley's hole. I mean the hole in Curbs' 4-3-1-2 formation. I remember the specific terminology Curbs used. How we've got to here from my cheese and onion role in the liberal club though. Pretty impressive
  • cabbles said:

Uboat said:

Are you an actor?
  • I'm bringing a couple of work colleagues on sat and don't want to spend any dosh in the ground. Is the Lib club back in action after its refurb anyone know ?
  • Still open but refurb not finished
  • I'm bringing a couple of work colleagues on sat and don't want to spend any dosh in the ground. Is the Lib club back in action after its refurb anyone know ?

It's half open. Plenty of room for you and your pals though Dave.