Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pubs With Sky Sports

Good evening,

Can anyone recommend a good pub with Sky Sports to watch the Man Utd Villa game tomorrow night?

Myself and a couple others have been let down by the sky sports pub finder site a few times.

Preferably Greenwich, Blackheath, Woolwich area Or anywhere close?

Decent beers would be an advantage.

Thank you lifers.

Comments

• Hardy's in Greenwich has a few screens and decent beer.
  • Belushi's in Greenwich next to the station is decent for football
  • Hardy's in Greenwich has a few screens and decent beer.

se9addick said:

Belushi's in Greenwich next to the station is decent for football

Thanks for suggestions.
  • The world would be a better place if all pubs were like Hardy's, brilliant pub, as Andy Reid would no doubt testify.
  • I always go oneills in Blackheath for pre match pints and to watch the game they have about 4/5 screens in there although does get busy of an evening.
  • MrLargo said:

The world would be a better place if all pubs were like Hardy's, brilliant pub, as Andy Reid would no doubt testify.

When it was a Youngs pub in the 80's the beer was excellent, sadly the ales offered these days are not very good. However the Guinness is excellent and its a perfect venue during Cheltenham.
  • Riviera said:

MrLargo said:

The world would be a better place if all pubs were like Hardy's, brilliant pub, as Andy Reid would no doubt testify.

When it was a Youngs pub in the 80's the beer was excellent, sadly the ales offered these days are not very good. However the Guinness is excellent and its a perfect venue during Cheltenham.
    Where can you get a good ale in the Royal Borough of Greenwich then Riv? :wink:
  • Riviera said:

MrLargo said:

Where can you get a good ale in the Royal Borough of Greenwich then Riv? :wink:
    Well best thing is to refer to the CAMRA London Good Beer Guide, all the best places in Greenwich are listed, can't argue with any of their recommendations.
  • What gets on my nerves is when pubs show the football, but have music playing in the background and not the football commentary.
  • Stewart said:

What gets on my nerves is when pubs show the football, but have music playing in the background and not the football commentary.

Only games I ever watch in a pub would be an England game, it's not like there would be a Charlton game on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stewart said:

What gets on my nerves is when pubs show the football, but have music playing in the background and not the football commentary.

Same. That's the problem with the Friday night game though. Different clientele.
  • Football and good beer seems to be a tall order these days, sadly.

Greenwich: Hardy's, as others have said. The ale is a bit hit and miss, but at £2.80 for Doom, it's worth a gamble.
    Woolwich: The Prince Albert (Rose's) on Hare St has decent ale (Hop Stuff) and Sky.
    Nothing in Blackheath.
    Duchess of Edinburgh in Lee has Sky and Brockley Brewery ale.

• edited August 2015
    Like the sound of the duchess in Lee. Like brockley brewery ales. Thanks.

Edit: just googled. Its the Duke of Edinburgh. Looks good.
  • What about Blackheath Stabdard? Does it still have football? Not been in since refurb. I hear it's very nice tho since.
  • Curb_It said:

What about Blackheath Stabdard? Does it still have football? Not been in since refurb. I hear it's very nice tho since.

I know they no longer want it to be a "sports pub" (mate works there) but I don't know if they got rid of the tellys. I'd put it low on the list of possibles if I were ChiAddick.
  • I phoned the standard and they don't have sky anymore.

Ended up going to The Duke of Edinburgh on Lee high road. It was OK in there. Pretty quiet but had a decent screen and the commentary so can't complain. Went to the Northbrook after. Lovely pub if not a little pricey.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
  • Did your team win? :wink:
  • Did your team win? :wink:

Haha. I got a good feeling about today.
  • Random question, there is a pub in Greenwich which had rolling stones urinals and a rock type theme, can anybody help me out? Trying to recommend it to someone.
  • Random question, there is a pub in Greenwich which had rolling stones urinals and a rock type theme, can anybody help me out? Trying to recommend it to someone.

It's the Admiral Hardy at the back of the market mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers mate. They do a brilliant steak baguette.