Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stephen Lewis AKA Blakey RIP

Great character

RIP

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Blimey , that's a slow RIP.

Seems like the Charlton life readership are slacking.

• You seem like you get really annoyed by people dying?
  • I 'ate you Butler !! ... R I P
  • You seem like you get really annoyed by people dying?

Nah , just by Charlton life turning into the times obit column.
  • RIP. He used to live near me in Westcombe Park Road, Blackheath. Maybe still did.
  • RIP - great in On The Buses.

Shame about last of the summer wine.
  • buckshee said:

You seem like you get really annoyed by people dying?

Fair enough. I think some people just like remembering the stuff the deceased was involved in. Personally, I've not heard of 90% of them.
  • A guy I used to work with wife left him for his niece.

• Used to shop in the supermarket at blackheath standard where I worked on Saturdays many decades ago
  • Show some respect Buckshee ffs, Blakey was an institution to some!
  • Sponsored links:

• Blakey was one of the great characters of British comedy, despite what you might think of On The Buses. Also saw him on-stage at The Young Vic a couple of times. A real favourite of mine, RIP Blakey.
  • buckshee said:

You seem like you get really annoyed by people dying?

Opening every RIP thread you come across to post some side comment on it? Seems like you bloody love it
  • Loved on the buses. RIP
  • Waiting for a "football stadium" bus in Genoa....supposed to run from one pm, we stood there like lemons for half an hour with nothing happening. Then a few Sampdoria fans started appearing together with a bus inspector complete with clipboard. He got serenaded with "BLAKEY, BLAKEY WHERES THE BUS" (English version).

I'd love to say he turned round and said "I hate you lot" but he sort of grinned and moved in the general direction of away. You may scoff, but the bus came round the corner ten seconds later.

RIP

Hope he got a 3's up as a parting present!

This is like one of those classic sentences used to demonstrate the correct use of punctuation!
  • So he did end up on the number 11 to the Cemetery Gates after all.

Comedy icon. RIP Blakey.
  • Comedy great in on the buses, RIP sir
  • Sponsored links:

• So, he's finally caught the No11 to the Cemetery Gates.

RIP Stephen, a comedy legend.

• So he did end up on the number 11 to the Cemetery Gates after all.

Comedy icon. RIP Blakey.

Oops, didn't read the whole thread first.
  • buckshee said:

Blimey , that's a slow RIP.

Seems like the Charlton life readership are slacking.

BOO A PUBLIC FORUM USED BY MANY PEOPLE OF DIFFERING EXPERIENCES USING THIS AS A PLATFORM TO PERHAPS EXPRESS EVEN A SLIGHT DEGREE OF GRIEF OVER THE DEATH OF ANOTHER HUMAN BEING BOOOOOOOOOO
  • RIP Blakey
  • A great English comedy character. RIP Blakey.
  • I still think I do great impersonation of the great comedy actor. RIP the legend that was Blakey. Get that bus out. !!!!!
  • markmc68 said:

I still think I do great impersonation of the great comedy actor. RIP the legend that was Blakey. Get that bus out. !!!!!

Remember me, me old dad and me brother trying to do the impression when we lived at 648 WoolwichRoad, like a scene from The Royal Family I expect pmsl, great memories
  • He was absolutely perfect for that programme. I don't remember him in anything else though. "It's like the moon coming over the mountains!"

RIP Blakey
  • Sleep tight, Blakey
  • That's Stan, Jack and Blakey all gone. Only Olive left. RIP Blakey.