Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton boss still looking to get keeper deal done

Comments

• People on the rumours thread seem to be suggesting Brad Jones, formerly of Liverpool, is training with us. He's certainly good enough but may have some big wages.
  • foxjam said:

People on the rumours thread seem to be suggesting Brad Jones, formerly of Liverpool, is training with us. He's certainly good enough but may have some big wages.

So The renowned Stuart Taylor and Brad Jones are training with us ?
    how about David James ? he needs the dosh.

• edited August 2015

foxjam said:

People on the rumours thread seem to be suggesting Brad Jones, formerly of Liverpool, is training with us. He's certainly good enough but may have some big wages.

So The renowned Stuart Taylor and Brad Jones are training with us ?
    how about David James ? he needs the dosh.

Looks like Stuart Taylor is no longer training here. Where is David James these days?

Edit: Apparently, despite his age, he went to India to become a player manager last year.
  • David James co- presenter on BT Sport covering football
  • Just listening to the Danny Baker show (R5L). He was interviewing Paul Robinson who said he is fit and available (only 35)....we could do a lot worse.

Sounds like Pope is doing well, still Robinson would be a good number 2.
  • Just listening to the Danny Baker show (R5L). He was interviewing Paul Robinson who said he is fit and available (only 35)....we could do a lot worse.

Yes please, anything to take him away from any more Sky presenting duties.
  • From what I've seen of Mitov, I'd happily have him over Jones. As GL says if you have the quality age doesn't matter.
  • Sponsored links:

• From what I've seen of Mitov, I'd happily have him over Jones. As GL says if you have the quality age doesn't matter.

Yes, but would you prefer Mitov or Gough ? :smile:
  • What is Neville Southall doing nowadays?
  • C_A_F_C said:

What is Neville Southall doing nowadays?

continuously eating by the looks of him.
  • Been told we have bid £250k for Jodi Jones, but as Dagenham have had over 50 clubs scout him recently, they believe a bigger bid will come in .
  • I heard that we have bid £125000 and Ayo Obileye on loan for the season. West Ham have bid £250000.
  • Is Rob Elliot still getting splinters in his arse at Newcastle or is it someone else now?

Could do a lot worse than Rob if Mitov is deemed not yet up to the task.
  • LenGlover said:

Is Rob Elliot still getting splinters in his arse at Newcastle or is it someone else now?

I think I'm right in saying that an enquiry for a Rob was knocked back by Newcastle.

• LenGlover said:

Is Rob Elliot still getting splinters in his arse at Newcastle or is it someone else now?

I think I'm right in saying that an enquiry for a Rob was knocked back by Newcastle.

Also, regardless of Rob Elliot's Charlton links, I can't see why any keeper would swap getting splinters in his arse in the Premier League for getting splinters in his arse in the Championship. Pope's done nothing to warrant getting dropped and Henderson will be back at some point, so any keeper would have minimal chance of getting a game unless Popey a) gets injured or b) hits a bad run of form. Elliot may as well hope for a goalkeeper to get injured at the Barcodes rather than here.
    Jones, (or even Robinson), makes more sense as he's handy and doesn't have a gig at the moment.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Doing a wonderful job helping disadvantaged kids at a Special referral Unit.

• Am I to assume that Henderson's injury is worse than first thought?

Happy for Pope to carry on deputising for now, but can understand wanting to bring in another if Hendo is gonna be out long-term..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Am I to assume that Henderson's injury is worse than first thought?

Happy for Pope to carry on deputising for now, but can understand wanting to bring in another if Hendo is gonna be out long-term..........

I've been expressing that concern all along. The official line is that he's out for a month. I can't see any type of shoulder surgery being repaired enough for the rigours of professional football in that time. At least not in any certainty. I think that the club know that Henderson is likely to be out considerably longer and are covering bases.
  • Agree with that. I would have thought any shoulder injury after surgery would need at least 3 or 4 months to recuperate.

Don't be silly, cafc don't sign players we've heard of any more.
  • drewman said:

Just listening to the Danny Baker show (R5L). He was interviewing Paul Robinson who said he is fit and available (only 35)....we could do a lot worse.

Don't be silly, cafc don't sign players we've heard of any more.
    You'd never heard of Tony Watt?
  • Macronate said:

C_A_F_C said:

I seem to remember listening to an interview with him a couple of months ago, he was doing some kind of teaching job.
  • Macronate said:

C_A_F_C said:

I seem to remember listening to an interview with him a couple of months ago, he was doing some kind of teaching job.
    Didn't realise it (just looked on Wiki) he was manager of both Margate and Hastings United.
  • Brad Jones signs for Bradford
  • back to the drawing board.
  • Thurnam seen at training ground!
  • Paddy Kenny will roll up literally I reckon.

Had two similar spells at Bolton and Ipswich last season.