Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Commentary for tonight

Comments

• Cafc player HD
  • Superb commentary tonight. Where did these guys come from?
  • The main commentator was co-commentating with Pete on Saturday. Thought he was really good then too. Love Pete's enthusiasm but he does get himself a little tongue tied sometimes (commentating is far tougher than it looks - especially with our current invasion of long named foreigners). This guy a bit calmer and more monotone but he's doing a great job of helping me understand what is going on!
  • Commentary on CAFC Player tonight was top class. Thanks.
  • Comms tonight was Alex Stedman and @StubleyAddick. I'll pass on your praise.
  • LouisMend said:

Comms tonight was Alex Stedman and @StubleyAddick. I'll pass on your praise.

Please do Louis - nice work by the pair of them.

• LouisMend said:

Comms tonight was Alex Stedman and @StubleyAddick. I'll pass on your praise.

Completely agree. Interesting with relevant commentary. No straying off topic. Not going to criticise the regular team but these two were very professional.
  • Well done chaps
  • Haven't posted on here for a while but this thread has been brought to mine and Greg's attention.

Needless to say we're both humbled and grateful for your comments - we really enjoyed this evening, and as we're both aspiring Sports Journos we're delighted - thanks again!

• Finchy is a legend but I would be giving you guys the job tomorrow if it were up to me
  • Sponsored links:

• good job tonight lads, enjoyed listening in
  • Thanks for the overwhelming comments.

As Alex stated, as two aspiring Journos, it means a lot.
  • I have to bring balance here.

Listen again to start of second half (i imagine that as you are new to it you are listening to whole commentary again). There is a long period where action is NOT being described... just chat instead.

It made me recall the criticism emma used to get.

Finchy has learned those lessons well... I'd still choose the old dog.

Credit to you both for a decent start. I AM IMPRESSED.

steadman~ work on the monotone a bit... i'm not the only addick in.asia that fell asleep during commentary

Seriously, though.... good work... good start... keep at it... you are a credit to the charlton family.
  • Pleased to say myself and @StubleyAddick will be on commentary duty tomorrow from Pride Park - hope you all enjoy again!
  • Oh dear god...
    :wink:
  • @alexAnder @StublyAddick what time are you starting your broadcast tomorrow? I'll be following and doing the match thread as normal. Cheers RedM
  • @Redmidland I was going to aim for around 2-45pm.
  • I have to bring balance here.

Listen again to start of second half (i imagine that as you are new to it you are listening to whole commentary again). There is a long period where action is NOT being described... just chat instead.

steadman~ work on the monotone a bit... i'm not the only addick in.asia that fell asleep during commentary

Seriously, though.... good work... good start... keep at it... you are a credit to the charlton family.

Alex has a lot to be proud about, come along way since he joined us a few years ago, a very bright future in media, shame he is too young to drink or I would buy him a beer.
  • PeteF said:

I have to bring balance here.

Alex has a lot to be proud about, come along way since he joined us a few years ago, a very bright future in media, shame he is too young to drink or I would buy him a beer.
    Too young to drink! He's too young to get in at a PG movie unaccompanied!
  • Has Finchy been given the old tin-tack then?

Agree with all the comments re the commentators - very good - much better than that usual un-biased rubbish we get served up . :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Has Finchy been given the old tin-tack then?

Agree with all the comments re the commentators - very good - much better than that usual un-biased rubbish we get served up . :wink:

No he has not! work has had to come first.
  • oh do you work as well? :smiley:
  • The commentary is always good now. We're Charlton fans and it shows in the passion that comes through. Cheers all and keep it up. :-)
  • So much better now it's done by our own, rather than the dregs of the bbc team