Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bad away result runs........

I have just realised that since that amazing day in Carlisle in 2012 I have only seen us win away once and score a pultary 9 times in 18 trips!! Can anyone beat that?? The last time I saw us win away was at Portman Road in Sept 2012 - nearly 3 years ago!! No wonder it takes a lot of persuasion to get me to make the effort these days!!

14/15
Brentford – D 1-1
Fulham – L 3-0
Forest – D 1-1
Watford – L 5-0
Millwall – L 2-1
Birmingham – L 1-0

13/14
Bournemouth – L 2-1
QPR – L 1-0
Wigan – L 2-1
Sheff Wed – postponed
Sheff U – Cup Qtr – L 2-0
Millwall – D 0-0
Brighton L 3-0

12/13
Birmingham - D 1-1
Ipswich – W 22nd Sept 2012 1-2
Millwall – D 0-0
Palace – L 2-1
Cardiff – D 0-0

I obviousy pick the wrong games and unfortunately for anyone going on Saturday, i'll be at Pride Park!!

Comments

• @TheBrand09 or @Barr_Cafc may be able to add to this.
  • You should've made it up to the re-arranged Wednesday game Organiser - one of my favourite away games of recent years and possibly all time!
  • You should've made it up to the re-arranged Wednesday game Organiser - one of my favourite away games of recent years and possibly all time!

I was very nearly talked into it and did regret it at the time, but I was very low on annual leave unfortuantely.
  • Was six years for me... Saw us beat Liverpool at Anfield (1-0)... Didnt see us win until we played Southend in 2010 and won 2-1 thanks to a Kyle Reid goal in the 90th min

Went bloody crazy when that went in because I felt so jinxed (i.e. went to Plymouth when we drew 2-2 a year or two before with us scoring a penalty in injury time to go 2-1 up only for Emile Mpenza to go straight down the other end and equalise at the death)
  • Ironically... I only missed MK Dons and Scunthorpe United away in our League One winning year so saw us win away loads of times in League One.

Have still never seen us win once away in the Championship (my jinx returned with the Birmingham away match when Zigic scored the equaliser at the death), whilst the Liverpool match remains my last Premier League away win
  • edited August 2015
    I have not done too bad over the last few years. Worse losing run part of Peeters end.

14/15
    Brentford D
    Norwich W
    Bmouth - L
    Fulham - L
    Reading W
    Forest D
    Bburn - L
    Ipswich - L
    Watford - L
    Millwall - L
    Bham - l

2013/14
    Bmouth - L
    Watford - D
    Bham - W
    QPR - L
    Bolton - D
    Ipswich - D
    Wigan - L
    Leicester - L
    S United - L
    Millwall - D
    Brighton - L
    S Wed - W

2012/13

Bham - D
    Forest - l
    Bpool - W
    Wolves - D
    B City - W
    Millwall - D
    S wed - L
    Watford - W
    Palace - L
    Hull - L
    Pbrough - D
    Brighton D

• Went to seven away games last season and only saw us win once (Reading away). Though of course that ended up being the last competitive game we won for about 3 months.
  • Yes, I can beat that. I'm the ultimate away day jinx. Will go through later
  • Think I've only ever seen us win four away games and one of those was a friendly against non league Dorchester.
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember in the late sixties going to nearly every away game, we had a terrible run of winless games. I seem to recall we went a whole season without a victory.
  • Not so much a run but the only two aways i saw in the 2011/12 promotion season was Stevenage and Orient, 2 of only 3 defeats on the road that season.