Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lansdowne Mews - Turnstiles

I was expecting the new style turnstiles at this end but got the same old but this time the guys at the turnstiles has a barcode scanner - defeats the purpose of this initiative, doesn't it?!

Wonder if the turnstiles at the other ends are converted to automatic scan thru booths or not?

Comments

• They are the same turnstiles connected to a bar code scanner.
  • Are there guys in there with hand-held scanner taking your card and giving it back after scanning them or is it all automated?
  • edited August 2015
    North upper just had someone inside like last year but instead of taking your ticket they were telling you how to scan it.
  • From the screen thread (for some reason):

The usage of the Bartram gate is quite light, relatively speaking, and I'd guess the club may have opted not to install the IT up there as it may not be cost effective. There may also be a cabling issue. I think it's great the club still uses it, but it's not the best arrangement from an internal logistics point of view because it's so remote from the main ticket office.
  • Agreed - rarely use them nowadays, but they were my first entrance into The Valley and the view from the top of the East terrace always took my breath away.

In the days I used to walk to the Valley from Eltham, these were always the first turnstiles I came to. Bit of a unique way to enter a football ground.
  • Addickted said:

Agreed - rarely use them nowadays, but they were my first entrance into The Valley and the view from the top of the East terrace always took my breath away.

In the days I used to walk to the Valley from Eltham, these were always the first turnstiles I came to. Bit of a unique way to enter a football ground.

Ditto. In the 70/80's it always made you realise that you just did not support a run of the mill 2nd division football club and that at some time we must of been good...
  • A sleeping Giant, we all know that
  • I was told it was because the wifi up there isnt very good. Boosters being installed.