Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket Delays

The club posted the following statement on page eight of the programme for the QPR game yesterday:

"The club are aware that some supporters were yet to receive their new season ticket cards in the week leading up to this afternoon's game. With the ticket office opening late on Friday evening and early this morning we hope all fans were able to collect their reprints as necessary and would like to apologise to those fans who were affected for the inconvenience caused."

CAS Trust welcome this apology although we are conscious of the fact that only people who bought a programme would be aware of it as there is no similar statement on the club website. Given that, yet again, supporters reported difficulties finding programme sellers before the game it is likely that only a minority of those inconvenienced by the season ticket mailing delay will know about the apology.

We note that statement makes no mention of any shortcomings on behalf of The Royal Mail.

CAS Trust would like to invite anyone who was inconvenienced by the delays to contact us with details. It is a matter we would like to take up with the club and the more specific examples we have available the greater will be our effectiveness in doing so.

Please email secretary@castrust.org

Comments

• If the club won't discuss it with you will there be a meeting?
  • Posted on Wednesday.... "The club would like to apologise to any fans that have yet to get theirs."
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-season-tickets-delivery-2595190.aspx#HDmkPkILcvMcOHWq.99

There will be a further update on the OS tomorrow.
  • Sort of thing a fan Trust should definitely be getting involved in. Well done.
  • I understand there is something in "The Sun" on page 11 today. I've not seen it.
  • It's not Kelvin whingeing again is it?
  • Mini-skirted MD? - i would love to see her in a mini-skirt, but is typical of the sun and mckenzie. They deserve each other.
  • Mini-skirted MD? - i would love to see her in a mini-skirt, but is typical of the sun and mckenzie. They deserve each other.

whilst I agree with the above, I stopped reading the article at that point, makes feck all difference is she is doing her job in a mini skirt or a boiler suit
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this written by Mackenzie?
  • You may not like the way he says it but is the rest of the article shown above wrong?
  • He is a total bell end

Can we exclude The Sun from.reporting on games ?
  • edited August 2015
    LenGlover said:

You may not like the way he says it but is the rest of the article shown above wrong?

The article becomes irrelevant as he loses all credibility in the first paragraph.

I'm not defending the club on the 'not-so-great season ticket debacle'. I've had a bit of a moan on here myself but I think that it should be dealt with between the fans and the club (and quickly have a line drawn under it - it's a cock up but it's really not the end of the world), it shouldn't be played out in that sh!tty newspaper (especially when the key reason for its printing appears to be titillation and a sexist sub-text).
  • To be fair, she was wearing a green mini skirt when she 'kicked off' the pre season friendly in St Truiden.

However, there's no need for 'used knicker' wearing journalist to use it as an adjective for our CEO.
  • I think some of the problems occurred earlier in the year and may not have been put right for anyone who didn't notice it.

I renewed my Dad's and my season tickets on-line just before the deadline and received an email confirmation. I realised something was wrong when we both received letters from the club saying that we hadn't renewed out tickets.

I telephoned the ticket office and they told me that the on-line renewals were all printed off and put through manually, the payments didn't go through at the time of booking. Something had gone wrong somewhere in that process. I gave card details and the payment was taken straight away. Dad and I received our tickets last week, although Dad actually got two identical tickets.

Perhaps some of the people who didn't get their tickets had the same initial problem as me.
  • Bar the unnecessary comments about clothing, I wouldn't personally disagree with any of what he's saying.
  • He was in the Queue was he ? If that's true I'll have Katriens face tattooed on my arse.
  • Sponsored links:

• He was in the Queue was he ? If that's true I'll have Katriens face tattooed on my arse.

Tattoo shops in South East London could be seeing a rise in profits over the next 12 months.
  • shirty5 said:

Bar the unnecessary comments about clothing, I wouldn't personally disagree with any of what he's saying.

I agree. Bar the unnecessary comments about clothing, he is absolutely correct.

I'm more than happy for him to put the ineptitude into the most read daily national.

Perhaps, the club may address the issues, instead of messing around with sex acts and sofas.

PS I saw Meire walk through the Fans lounge on Saturday wearing a short skirt.

PPS Kelvin McKenzie is loathsome, but facts are facts.
  • Curb_It said:

"Mini Skirted MD" - WHAT AN ABSOLUTE [deleted swear word] ARSEHOLE!

Blimey, that's a very mini mini-skirt if you can see that!
  • Pedro45 said:

So after not getting my season tickets in the post; having been to the Valley to pick them up the day before the QPR game and getting paper tickets instead because of a system fault; after finally getting them given to me at the Daggers cup game; and after then having another set of season tickets arrive in the post; yesterday I get a phone call from Lisa Squires asking me why I haven't renewed my season ticket!!!!

Why?

One of my daughter's friends had the same call last week. He's already used his season ticket twice.
  • He may have a point about the cock up with the season tickets, but why degrade Katrien, it's really unprofessional.
  • edited September 2015

He may have a point about the cock up with the season tickets, but why degrade Katrien, it's really unprofessional.

I think the point is that it's irrelevant. It's not factually incorrect so I can't see how she is degraded by it or could be. If anything it just reflects on him and undermines his argument.
  • He may have a point about the cock up with the season tickets, but why degrade Katrien, it's really unprofessional.

I think the point is that it's irrelevant. It's not factually incorrect so I can't see how she is degraded by it or could be. If anything it just reflects on him and undermines his argument.
    It just makes him sound a bit of a knob, whether it's accurate or not, whether she's wearing a skirt up to her hips, or a skirt like mother Teresa, isn't going to mean she can do the job any better.

For a so called 'professional journalist' to chuck in a comment like that, makes him sounds a bit of a dinosaur, I bet he's a treasure to work for.
  • Pedro45 said:

So after not getting my season tickets in the post; having been to the Valley to pick them up the day before the QPR game and getting paper tickets instead because of a system fault; after finally getting them given to me at the Daggers cup game; and after then having another set of season tickets arrive in the post; yesterday I get a phone call from Lisa Squires asking me why I haven't renewed my season ticket!!!!

Why?

Beyond parody.
  • anyone know when I should get my season ticket?