Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Injuries Update

Can't see this posted elsewhere but apologies if it has been. From Newsshopper Wiggins article :

Meanwhile, striker Igor Vetokele is set to miss the opening games of the new Championship season which gets underway at home to QPR this weekend.

The head coach said: “Igor Vetokele is still injured and he is not available for this Saturday.

“I think he will be back in two or three weeks.

“He feels well. Next week he will start to join in with the training and then he will be fit to come back to the squad.”

Another man set to miss out the start of the campaign is keeper Stephen Henderson, with Nick Pope poised to stand in.

“A good case will be he will come back after the first international break in September,” added Luzon.

“We will miss him for five, six or seven games.

“Pope will start the games and now we are searching for someone who will be the second keeper.”

It is a possible Charlton might be able to bring in that second keeper in time for the QPR game.

Comments

• Cheers Large. It will be good to get Vetokele and Henderson back in the squad, but I don't think they should be rushed. I don't like it when half fit players get played.
  • What's actually the matter with Igor ? Is it his Achilles, and if so is it basically the same issue he's had for about nine months ?

We seem to be handling his rehabilitation oddly.
  • Stig said:

Cheers Large. It will be good to get Vetokele and Henderson back in the squad, but I don't think they should be rushed. I don't like it when half fit players get played.

Still amazes me why Igor wasn't withdrawn from playing at all, and rested as soon as were safe last season??? Paying the penalty still...
  • se9addick said:

What's actually the matter with Igor ? Is it his Achilles, and if so is it basically the same issue he's had for about nine months ?

Yes, his rehabilitation programme, was to play nearly every game, when he couldn't fully run or jump.

If only we hadn't sold Kermorgant for £400K, because he wasn't good enough and spent £750K on Polish Pete.

I wonder why the fees are now undisclosed ?
  • se9addick said:

What's actually the matter with Igor ? Is it his Achilles, and if so is it basically the same issue he's had for about nine months ?

Yes, his rehabilitation programme, was to play nearly every game, when he couldn't fully run or jump.

If only we hadn't sold Kermorgant for £400K, because he wasn't good enough and spent £750K on Polish Pete.

I think you will find they were undisclosed even then

• Igor has had all summer to get fit. Either he is very unlucky or there are questions for our fitness/medical staff.

I wonder if we will see him fit and well again, but lack of any pre-season fitness must make that a long way off, even if the injury does now heal.
  • se9addick said:

I think you will find they were undisclosed even then

Never let the facts, get in the way of a good story.
  • Huge responsibility on Pope, make or break month for him.
  • It seems Igor has a strained muscle, according to GL.
  • ross1 said:

It seems Igor has a strained muscle, according to GL.

Have you seen his missus?
  • Sponsored links:

• At the beginning of the season Henderson had an operation and it was said it would take about 3 weeks and he'd be back in training - and he would then be ready in a further 6 weeks. Anyone any news on where he is? Why no mention of him lately? Surely he must be about ready...
  • cafc-west said:

At the beginning of the season Henderson had an operation and it was said it would take about 3 weeks and he'd be back in training - and he would then be ready in a further 6 weeks. Anyone any news on where he is? Why no mention of him lately? Surely he must be about ready...

Stephen Henderson ‏@henderson_sf Oct 4
    Back training and working hard to b available for selection after the break
  • cafc-west said:

At the beginning of the season Henderson had an operation and it was said it would take about 3 weeks and he'd be back in training - and he would then be ready in a further 6 weeks. Anyone any news on where he is? Why no mention of him lately? Surely he must be about ready...

Stephen Henderson ‏@henderson_sf Oct 4
    Back training and working hard to b available for selection after the break
    thank gawd for that !!!
  • Gonna have to watch this space to see if he comes in against Reading...
  • Gonna have to watch this space to see if he comes in against Reading...

I don't usually pray but if you're up there Superman, please let Hendo be fit again.