Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon not expecting any more big names to leave but striker on the way out

Comments

• No news on Bikey or Nego.
  • Ross said:

No news on Bikey or Nego.

He said, no player from the first team will leave, I do not think either player comes in that category. He also said he will not be dealing with other players leaving, on loan or otherwise, that is somebody else's job.
  • so at last .. Pigott's future is made clearer .. it's not at the Valley
  • Shame about Piggott. Hope he realises his potential, and we have a sell on fee!
  • I would not be surprised to see Piggott sign for Brighton.

He is nowhere near champ standard so no chance.

He is nowhere near champ standard so no chance.
    Nathan Jones is there though... Funnily he was the coach who got the best out of him
  • Suprised Southend didn't want him more
  • Sponsored links:

• 'We will bring in another two'

Seems pretty certain there. That's good
  • se9addick said:

Suprised Southend didn't want him more

They're trying to sign Izale McLeod at the moment, perhaps they've cooled their interest in Piggott
  • Izale McLeod,poor Southend
  • Comments from Phil Brown on the BBC website - albeit a bit cryptic - suggest that Southend may still be in for Joe:

"Brown added he was keen to sign another striker, and says they are looking at options including Crawley's Izale McLeod and Charlton's Joe Pigott - who scored at Wembley while on loan with the Shrimpers last season.
    "Conversations have been ongoing with players, agents and clubs," said Brown. "There are two or three clubs interested in Izale McLeod and one of them has put in a substantial bid on the table for him.
    "If you look at his record, he's played at a higher level and scored goals, so it would be a significant signing if we can get our hands on him.
    "And obviously the Joe Pigott situation has been ongoing over the last four weeks, to which we had a little bit of a guided message with Charlton on Wednesday that could make it important we get him in before Saturday."
  • If you look at his (Izale) record at a higher level - it is pisspoor.
  • I agree - practically all his goals have been in the fourth tier. He's also 30, so a depreciating asset (if he can be described as such).
  • McLeod 135 goals in lower leagues
    Wozencroft 11 goals in lower leagues.
    If phil brown wants a goalscorer who would you take a chance on ?
    One at the start of his career or one at the end of his career.
  • edited August 2015
    Feel a bit sorry for Joe. From what coaches have said about his finishing there is a goal scorer in there somewhere, but it's never happened for him with us. Can't help but feel he should have got more loan games under his belt.

Hope to see him scoring goals wherever he ends up this season.
  • edited August 2015
    This is interesting:

“All these things about teams who have interest or negotiations - it is not my part.
    “We have other guys at the club that deal with this.”

Surely the manager should know who is in for his players?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

This is interesting:

“All these things about teams who have interest or negotiations - it is not my part.
    “We have other guys at the club that deal with this.”

Surely the manager should know who is in for his players?

He says "I don't want Bikey" and then leaves it there and doesn't care where Bikey goes or for how much

Vs

Roland is picking the team, deciding what and who we need and Guy is a Puppet

• A manager would know, the head coach....less so
  • Or... It could be a case of

KM - Which players are not in your plans for this season Guy.
    GL - Wiggins / Bikey etc...
    KM - So if a club shows interest we'll move them along then

Exact same the other way around.

KM - Are there any players in particular you want us to target this summer
    GL - Well Ahmed Kashi has really impressed me etc...
    KM - Leave it with me and I'll see what I can do.

In Football Manager its clearly the Manager that does the negotiating over price etc... but thats to add function to the game... In reality could you imagine Luzon turning round to RD (or any chairman) and saying, oh I've just splashed £10m of your cash on Ahmed Kashi, oh what, you dont have the money and I've just bankrupted you?