Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is it me or is it because it's little old Charlton?

Sky have been showing plenty of old Premiership goals during the close season and two that keep getting shown and wind me up each time I see them are Cantona's lob followed by the pose for Man U and Di Canio's volley for West Ham.So is it me or because it's just Charlton but in my eyes Jensen's lob at Highbury is as good if not better than Cantona's and Bartlett's volley at The Valley is as good if not better than Di Canio's but neither have been shown

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Di canio's volley is much better than Bartlett's IMO

And doesn't Cantona beat a few players before he lobs Perez? Better than Claus' too I'm afraid. Can't claim big club bias in this one I don't reckon.
  • No way, bartletts for me, the timing has to be spot on.
    The fact we ain'in the prem is the reason.
  • But wasn't Jensen's from a more difficult angle Valley 11 unless my memory is fading quicker than I thought!!! And again agree with charltonparklane Bartletts was better as the ball from Stuart travelled further.
  • They haven't included Van Persies volley against us too.
  • Cantona does have to beat a few more players, so does better there.
    Jensen's is a much, MUCH better finish, using a more difficult technique.

I would say one key difference is, rather than how big the respective clubs are, how big the players are.
    Both Cantona and Di Canio are legends of the Premier League. Jensen and Bartlett? Not so much...
  • I think you may have it there Powell Is Pleasant
  • They haven't included Van Persies volley against us too.

How could they leave that out? The winker shouldn't have been on the pitch (IMHO) but that volley was out of this world.
  • Cantona does have to beat a few more players, so does better there.
    Jensen's is a much, MUCH better finish, using a more difficult technique.

I would say one key difference is, rather than how big the respective clubs are, how big the players are.
    Both Cantona and Di Canio are legends of the Premier League. Jensen and Bartlett? Not so much...

No he doesn't. He plays a 1-2 and chips the keeper from a relatively Central position. Agree with your final point, however