Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IT'S BACK! -Players Marks and the Statbank

For more than 5 years Charlton Life has run the Statbank which gives Lifers views on how each player performed by giving them a mark, this is how it works:

After each League and Cup match a thread titled "Players Marks" is put up with a list of our players who played for at least 30 minutes. If you attended the match or watched the complete match on a good stream you are asked to mark each player out of 10, half marks are allowed. If you wish you may also give a brief critique of the players in the match, This thread usually remains open until Monday after a Saturday game and Thursday after a Tuesday evening game. I then work out the averages of the marks for each player and publish the Statbank which contains the average marks, man of the match and other possibly interesting stats from the match.

There is no correct way to mark a player - it is each individual's assessment and I would ask that you keep this thread for marks and player critiques and do not criticise each others marks.

To make it easier for me to enter all the marks on the spreadsheet it would be very helpful if you keep to the player order as listed in the Player Marks thread, just copy and paste the list please.

Last season 2,649 sets of marks, which was over 31,788 individual marks, were received, the highest number of Lifers to participate in a match were 119 for the home games against Derby and the lowest was 10 for the away League game at Derby

This season the Statbank will be presented in, what I hope, is a better format which will enable you to view the full document on whatever platform you choose, so please get marking everyone.

COYA

Comments

• Always a part of my match day experience. Top work LL
  • Can you start a parallel Statbank, Lancs, based purely on our ill-informed prejudices? We could rate the players before the game, and then compare to the post match scores to see just how crap we all are at predicting :wink:
  • Thanks LL for continuing with what must be a time consuming task
  • Can we start a thread where I predict StigThundercock's player marks before each game?
  • Cheers LL. An invaluable service and we are very grateful to you for taking this on. . Look forward to doing my marks after each game. It's good therapy as much as anything else. The only thing I've wondered about is whether a player should eligible for a mark after a shorter period, say 15 or 20 mins to prevent a situation where a late substitute makes a telling contribution but doesn't get a mark. I guess the line needs to be drawn somewhere though.
  • Sillybilly - you have a point but as you also say that the line has to be drawn somewhere. So that we can compare different seasons we need to have a consistent system, and so the 30 minute rules stays.
  • Thanks LL. I hadn't thought about comparing seasons.