Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LATEST POLL: Who you going to support next season

Comments

• Options
    Mine would be Liverpool as they were always my "Prem" team previously - had to pick one so I could argue with all the Arse/Chels/Spurs fans I know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]I'm gonna hedge my bets. One week I might be West Ham, the week after I might be Spurs or Arsenal. It all depends on who's doing well.

admire your style big man.
  • Options
    have you got a boss who supports a glamour club ? that's always a good un. Get in with the boss, and get to see your knew team win all the time.

No more not getting to sleep because your worried about your team, no more fearing Monday's cos Charlton lost again, and hopefully a decent payrise.
  • Options
    you haven't got any a few hundred miles away in another country,like bayern munich or barcelona.
  • Options
    My boss is a Spurs fan, so that's out. I hate Chelsea more than Man U, but I've hated Man U for longer, so they're both out. Hammers are out, because if they do stay out it'll be largely down to their dodgy deal for Tevez and the Prem's lack of bottle in punishing them for it. My brother-in-law's a Gooner, so Arsenal might be an option, but I'm not impressed with the way they rolled over for the Hammers so easily. That just leaves Hartlepool and Liverpool, and as I've got no idea where Hartlepool is, and Liverpool did us a massive favour loaning us Carson this season, the Scousers got my vote..
  • Options
    as long as your not judging by looking into the past Ali. The past is now history.

This spell following Charlton has been a disappointment to most of us. When we signed up for our season tickets, we were promised Beckham and Owen. Beckham cleared off to Spain, and Owen cleared off to a knee clinic.

I'm not going to be let down again, so when we all move on from Charlton in the Summer, its important you pick the right club. I'm starting to waiver a bit on Spurs, i'm now thinking i might become a Man U fan. Of course i won't be able to go to games because its too far, but not only are virtually every one of their fixtures shown on Sky, get this, they even have their own TV channel so i can pick up behind the scenes tittle tattle that i can drop into conversation when down the pub whilst watching the game.

Sorry Spurs, time i found some Manchester ancestry.
  • Options
    I voted Scouse, but I'm having a change of heart already. My brother's best mate is a chiropotist who does Martin Jols' feet and they had a long chat this afternoon. Wow wee! Their shopping list for this summer reads like a who's who of world football. FACT. He faxed me over everything the Dutchman said. Looks like London's sleeping giant is finally awakening and I'm getting on board now.

gLoRy gLoRy ToTtEnHaM hOtSpUr!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Where's The Stones option? Back to back promotions and now Ryman Premier. Welling who?

http://www.maidstoneunited.co.uk/

Too right, the stones should be on there as Kents county town side. I watched them win the league on saturday, marvellous stuff!

The Stones will be home for the 2008/2009 season.
  • Options
    Take your time AFKA, don't just rush in and don't follow your heart. We all know how that story ends. Read my inside info above, it puts a new complexion on the whole thing. I'm telling you now. Get in on Spurs while you still can. Team of the second decade of the new millenium. No doubt. And the best part: You'll be able to say you were there when it all started.

There's only one Stevie Perryman...
  • Options
    f*ck it i'm throwing my hat in with Hartlepool aswell, as i aspire to be like the bigger boys on here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    C'mon Hartlepool - 2 more votes for the lead
  • Options
    UP THE STONES!! Haha its only right that i say that as i live there aye!

but i choose scousers. would choose Arsenal as they do play the nicest football but they still have Robin Man Persie and i cant forgive!
  • Options
    SC Freiburg for me...
  • Options
    is the reason so few of us are going to follow Chelski due to the corrupt nature of their ownership, or more to do with ticket prices, and the lack of subsidised travel ???
  • Options
    Bromley in the Nationwide South but we are staying up.
  • Options
    Worksop Town anyone?
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Where's The Stones option? Back to back promotions and now Ryman Premier. Welling who?

I've heard of Wellingborough. I have reason to believe at least one Charlton supporter comes from there.
  • Options
    I'll support whoever Jeff Stelling does as he is my favourite presenter on SKY. Any ideas who his team is?
  • Options
    Just shows these Current Charlton 'followers' are a strange bunch.

Offer them a free ticket to support the super-club of their choice, to revel in masses of pristine replica shirts, merchandise and subscription tv, and what do they do ?

They choose another minnow to follow.

Learn from your mistakes :-)
  • Options
    I thought long and hard about this in the bath this morning but formulated no conclusion.

Then all of a sudden I suffered an excess of flatulence, saw some bubbles and the mystery was solved.

Come on you Irons!
    :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've decided that I'll support Liverpool next season seeing as they've just made it into the CL final
  • Options
    good call Valley M, now you see the benefit of not rushing these decisions !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]I've decided that I'll support Liverpool next season seeing as they've just made it into the CL final
    i thought about that Mr Mcmoist, but then they might lose in the final so I think I`ll wait until after ; )
  • Options
    When picking a new team to pretend you've loved for ever you have to choose carefully,

Don't pick a team who's too high profile that you can't back up your claim
    'Where were you when we beat Juve in the semi-final in '99?
    'Oh Row C, right where the coins were being thrown'

So rule out Man Utd, the Arse, Chelsea, Liverpool.

But you do want some midweek action, so a team in the UEFA Cup is must.
    Bolton - new manager, could plummet - cross them off
    Portsmouth - possibility, but too many West Ham ties
    Everton - mmmm, perhaps not, can't do a good Scouser accent
    Tottenham - NO

And that leaves Reading. 27,000 new Reading supporters from Sth London.
  • Options
    Gotta be Hartlepool for me, but then I am from Hartlepool and a Hartlepool supporters. This thread has been spotted by one of the guys on our board - The Poolie Bunker. It's an underground thing away from the masses of the likes of Rivals. Anyway, good to see you lads have see the light.

Feel free to drop into our site by the way, www.pooliebunker.co.uk we do tend to have some oddly friendly associations with other clubs. for example we seem to have become bosom buddies with a group of Walsall fans, odd seeing as were fighting for the same championship trophy.

Good luck next season lads.
  • Options
    cheers Mr I, good luck to you.

Good time to be a Hartlepool fan at the moment ? Is it worth our while making the switch ???
  • Options
    Not this week I'm afraid, the game on Saturday has been sold out for about three weeks - both ends! Bristol Rovers need a win to qualify for the play offs while we need a win to lift the championship. I think we've waited long enough; next year is our centenary and we still await our first meaningful trophy. Unless you count the Durham Senior Cup as meaningful that is!

It's been an odd couple of years to be honest, 2005 we should have gone up to Div 2 (or whatever its called this week) but in the play off final, Sheff Weds were awarded a obviously wrong penalty and we had a central defender sent off. That made it 2-2 with 7 minutes to go and they went on to score again. Then last season with the same players we suffered a massive hangover and ended up being relegated. This year they've got their fingers out and started performing again, no doubt with the help of Danny Wilson's right boot.

We're now looking forward to a trip to Leeds and Forest next season and hopefully another bash at the play offs or better.
  • Options
    Unfortunately Mr I, at least 16,500 plastic Charlton fans have signed up for next season already, so it will give you 12-months to work out a sweetening package to tempt us over. If its any help, we're very keen on the word 'free', as in travel, tickets, women etc.

Oh and you will obviously have to be playing in Europe as well, so good luck in the FA Cup next season :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Europe? Where's that? Our players have only played in europe twice: 1914-1918 and 1939-1945.
  • Options
    But on the subject of free... we do have Lawrence, the most famous transvestite in the lower leagues. Do a search on You tube, he's there in spades.