Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship Top Scorer

I have had an e\w bet on Tony Watt @ 80/1 to be the above; placed with Paddy Power.
I have a gut feeling that we will do well; for that to happen Watt will need to score regularly me thinks. If the bookies are right and we struggle it will be money down the swannie.
I am very good at this betting lark. Wasted my money on Marvin Sodall last time. Fool and his money.........

Comments

• I get that gut feeling every yeat just before the season begins
  • Dazzler21 said:

I get that gut feeling every yeat just before the season begins

So true. They always say trust your gut feeling. I just think in this case, it is blind optimism.
    The bookie did not laugh, although he did look puzzled.
  • Nah no Charlton player will be close to the top goal scorer charts... Be between Daryl Murphy / Jordan Rhodes / Ross McCormack for that title again
  • Nah no Charlton player will be close to the top goal scorer charts... Be between Daryl Murphy / Jordan Rhodes / Ross McCormack for that title again

And Charlie Austin if he stays at QPR
  • foxjam said:

Nah no Charlton player will be close to the top goal scorer charts... Be between Daryl Murphy / Jordan Rhodes / Ross McCormack for that title again

Well i did say blind optimism. Maybe he could nick fourth spot.
  • pettgra said:

foxjam said:

Nah no Charlton player will be close to the top goal scorer charts... Be between Daryl Murphy / Jordan Rhodes / Ross McCormack for that title again

Well i did say blind optimism. Maybe he could nick fourth spot.
    Also he is only twenty points short of Simon Church @ 100/1 if you fancy a bit of wild speculation!
  • edited August 2015
    Church will score more than Watt I reckon

edit...doesn't mean to say I think he's better than Watt, cause I don't, just reckon that in another side Church will bang them in a bit and Watt won't play as a central striker
  • Chris Martin I think. Got 20ish even with injury last year.
  • Chris Martin I think. Got 20ish even with injury last year.

Decent shout - I might wait and see if Rhodes goes to 'Boro (is that still on the cards ?)
  • There is a player who is plays for one of the favourites for Promotion, has a record at this level of 42 goals in 108 starts and is virtually guaranteed to start most games and will, no doubt, take a high proportion of the set pieces.

He is currently available at 40/1 with Betvictor and at a quarter of the odds the first four is my idea of value.

His name is Tom Ince. Yes I am aware of the fire power with Martin and Benty in the side but that, in itself, will help Ince and I'm sure there will be times when one of those two will be a victim of the system their manager opts to adopt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Church will score more than Watt I reckon

edit...doesn't mean to say I think he's better than Watt, cause I don't, just reckon that in another side Church will bang them in a bit and Watt won't play as a central striker

mate that is crazy talk!!!

career stats so far

church played 206 scored 33 - 1 in just under 7

watt played 91 scored 25 - 1 in just under 4

that's not gonna change and I think Watt is gonna be the main man up top this year

• I think Tony Watt will be further up the assists table.
  • Church will score more than Watt I reckon

You watt?