Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Just a thought?

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Do you think that possibly these "Operations" actually have an adverse affect on our players. I mean this lot are hardly used to have 3/4/5k fans at away games are they? And boy did we make some noise on Saturday. Perhaps it gets to them and makes them nervous.

Comments

• I think you're right. What the club need to do is not make a song and dance about free transport for any future games. No T-shirts, no over-the-top publicity...It just puts pressure on the players to deliver.
  • They only get paid several thousand pound's a week to deal with that pressure though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]I think you're right. What the club need to do is not make a song and dance about free transport for any future games. No T-shirts, no over-the-top publicity...It just puts pressure on the players to deliver.

its true, they call a name, t-shirts and all that, we get the pizz taken outta us cos of it! Just do the transport, and tell us, thats it thats all they need to do! Whammies did free coaches and didnt call it nowt, no t-shirts! it still worked and they won the game! they also did coaches to man c away in the cup last year, 2-0 i think the score was!

BTW in no way am i knocking our club, just agree with valley Mac
  • from Monday ...
    I agree with no more one-off operations I think - they have been a great rallying cause but the results have never followed.
    We have these operations because we have such a low level of away support, what might be more effective is to spend the money they cost in another way .... to try to boost our regular away support. No magic wand of course but perhaps could be a handful of initiatives

e.g.
    1. priority membership scheme for away fans - 3 away stubs can be exchanged for free membership, priority over VG -just being a member of an away ticket scheme might make people more likely to go away more often

2. give all ST holders a voucher for free coach travel to an away game (north of London) of their choice - first need 1 ticket stub from any away game apart from ManU/Chels/Liverpool/Arsenal.
    [/quote]