Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Films with titles that are wrong.

Two to start:
Krakatoa, East of Java (1969 disaster movie). The infamous volcano is actually to the west of Java.
The Mission Impossible franchise. They always succeed don't they? So these should be called either Mission Possible or maybe Mission Implausible.
Any more?

Comments

• Options
    One Million Years BC

No humans around then. No dinosaurs either.

Raquel Welch in a fur bikini though.......always in my dreams.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Assault on Precinct 13, is actually about an attack on Precinct 9, Division 13.
    Always annoyed me that one.
  • Options
    The Never Ending Story - i always felt shortchanged by that one!
  • Options

Or Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, now I come to think about it.

Yeah this should have been the Chamber of Who knows where it is... Everyone knew a monster was in there so it aint really a secret
  • Options
    I just thought it was a euphemism.
  • Options
    Flashdance wasn't...
  • Options
    In fairness to Mission: Impossible, they do acknowledge the silly title - "Mr. Hunt, this isn't mission difficult, it's mission impossible. "Difficult" should be a walk in the park for you..."

Otherwise, my number one is: "The Neverending Story Pt. 2" - it just makes no sense on any level.

Also, "Cold Comes The Night" was a bizarre title. And who can forget Denzel Washington's Deja Vu, which featured absolutely no Deja Vu in it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Both edge of tomorrow and Live Die Repeat... the same movie neither title is correct.

It should be 'Ground hog day with guns and Aliens'
  • Options
    12 Angry Men - there were one or two that were a bit miffed but it's stretching it to say they were all angry!
  • Options
    Layer Cake.

wasn't the baking extravaganza I expected.
  • Options
    Halix said:

The Never Ending Story - i always felt shortchanged by that one!

http://youtu.be/NL_pRiXov7Q
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Both edge of tomorrow and Live Die Repeat... the same movie neither title is correct.

It was originally All You Need Is Kill after the comic book. Then Warners changed it to Edge Of Tomorrow just before release.

But when it didn't do well in the US, they changed the title officially to Live. Die. Repeat., cos that was the tagline on the posters and people thought that was the title and were confused. But that meant the posters read: Live. Die. Repeat. with the tagline Live On The Edge which was even more confusing.

This led to a change to Live. Die. Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow and, eventually they said fuck it, let's just call it Edge of Tomorrow.

• Options
    I forgot: "The Cold Light Of Day" was an utterly irrelevant title. So was "We Own The Night" which was an awful movie with an awful title.

I also thought Ice Cold In Alex was a bit of a spoiler.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

It was originally All You Need Is Kill after the comic book. Then Warners changed it to Edge Of Tomorrow just before release.

But when it didn't do well in the US, they changed the title officially to Live. Die. Repeat., cos that was the tagline on the posters and people thought that was the title and were confused. But that meant the posters read: Live. Die. Repeat. with the tagline Live On The Edge which was even more confusing.

This led to a change to Live. Die. Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow and, eventually they said fuck it, let's just call it Edge of Tomorrow.

I think the main reason it didn't do well was because it was such a terrible film. They could have called it Tom Cruise's Time-Travelling Clusterfuck and it would still be a turd.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I think the main reason it didn't do well was because it was such a terrible film. They could have called it Tom Cruise's Time-Travelling Clusterfuck and it would still be a turd.
    The most inaccurate review I've ever read since Paulie last posted in the Latest Films thread. I don't think you and I will ever converse on the subject of film ever again.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Ten out of ten for the creative swearing

I thought it was decent. Live, die, repeat is fairly accurate
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    JiMMy 85 said:

In fairness to Mission: Impossible, they do acknowledge the silly title - "Mr. Hunt, this isn't mission difficult, it's mission impossible. "Difficult" should be a walk in the park for you..."

Otherwise, my number one is: "The Neverending Story Pt. 2" - it just makes no sense on any level.

Also, "Cold Comes The Night" was a bizarre title. And who can forget Denzel Washington's Deja Vu, which featured absolutely no Deja Vu in it.

Well I'd seen it before. So for me it was deja vu all over again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015
    there weren't any bathroom conveniences, set within Whipsnade or Howlets, in Zulu?
  • Options
    Halix said:

there weren't any bathroom conveniences, set. Within Whipsnade or Howlets , in Zulu?

That's how your post looked AFTER you edited it?
  • Options
    That's a bit of a strange dig Jimmy?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    JiMMy 85 said:

Halix said:

there weren't any bathroom conveniences, set. Within Whipsnade or Howlets , in Zulu?

That's how your post looked AFTER you edited it?
    Does it really matter, in the greater scheme of things?
  • Options
    Sorry, wasn't a dig, I just have no idea what the post means!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    A loo set in a Zoo = ZULU (ie a very poor pun)
  • Options
    Ahh, I get it. Sorry, was very slow on that. It was actually pretty good!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I think I now get why you liked Edge of Tomorrow ;)
  • Options
    The day the earth stood still.

The 50s original was a classic and the world did stand still.

The terrible remake had the same title but no standing still of earth in it.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

You are too generous, it cannot be too good if requires explanation, I shan't be quiting my day job just yet.