Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Huddersfield won't just have watched videos of his good bits. They will have watched him a lot over recent seasons; probably in quite a few of the northern away games and of course, in numerous TV games. If you want a team that play out effectively from the back and you need an affordable left-footer, with height, then you go for Sarr. If he gets a full season of 1st XI starts, then who knows, he might develop even further. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Why would the Huddersfield players have been in Bexleyheath today, surely they didn't use The Marriott?
    They have been reading threads on here & were checking out which is best....... TW records or Cloud 9.
  • Options
    Breaking news.....
    Football fans slating a player in the first half of a football thread or at the ground(in the olden days) but loving the same player in the second half after a goal, assist or block, as long as team have won.

Football fans deciding that players who were once heroes, weren't all that once they leave !

Naby was a far better player in the last years of his contact that he was at first.
    Still the odd moment of madness but he left in credit and he seemed a gentle giant.

Ryan Inniss is a scary beast and TBH is probably more suited to the "take no prisoners" of the mediocre League 1.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Sarr was cack for us, I won’t hear anything else.
    Utter nonsense
    Nonsense? How many years out of the 4 (was it?) was he first choice? If he’s so good why was he never playing week in week out over the years 
    It is nonsense because it's not that black and white.

He wasn't good enough in his first few years at the club.

He improved and was good enough to play a big part in us getting promoted in 18/19.

He then did enough last season to win a contract at a Championship club.
    “Big part in us getting promoted” come on man you surely don’t think this.

and he was pony in the championship. 
    The amount of so called decent players we had last year I’m surprised we didn’t finish top half 
    It was our attack that got us relegated really. We once we had no Taylor, Gallagher or Leko we just couldn’t score enough goals. 

Sarr had lots of good games for us last season and the season before. Made a few errors too, but so will Famewo and Innis by the time this season has finished.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Sarr was cack for us, I won’t hear anything else.
    Utter nonsense
    Nonsense? How many years out of the 4 (was it?) was he first choice? If he’s so good why was he never playing week in week out over the years 
    It is nonsense because it's not that black and white.

He wasn't good enough in his first few years at the club.

He improved and was good enough to play a big part in us getting promoted in 18/19.

He then did enough last season to win a contract at a Championship club.
    “Big part in us getting promoted” come on man you surely don’t think this.

and he was pony in the championship. 
    The amount of so called decent players we had last year I’m surprised we didn’t finish top half 
    It was our attack that got us relegated really. We once we had no Taylor, Gallagher or Leko we just couldn’t score enough goals. 

Sarr has lots of good games for us last season and he season before. Made a few errors too, but so will Famewo and Innis by the time this season has finished.
    It was injuries that relegated us, plus the immoral actions of some heinous ownership
  • Options
    Stoke currently 3-2 up at home to Huddersfield, remarkable game - Just shown the latest goal and whilst none of it was Naby's fault I'm glad he's not forgotten that Charlton skill of jumping up and stomping your feet when you concede :)
  • Options
    He's scored now... 4-3 to Stoke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good free kick and nutted in nicely. 
  • Options

“The centre-back was in poor form all game thereafter, letting players breeze past him with ease and looking generally sloppy on the ball, especially in the first half, where he completed less than two-thirds of his passes.

As hair enthusiast Matt Shaw of podcast And He Takes That Chance has observed, Sarr has formed a habit of having two good performances followed by an atrocious one, and that the bad ones tend to coincide with Town’s poorer performances as a team. Right on cue, then.”

• Options
    Breaking news.....
    Football fans slating a player in the first half of a football thread or at the ground(in the olden days) but loving the same player in the second half after a goal, assist or block, as long as team have won.

Football fans deciding that players who were once heroes, weren't all that once they leave !

Naby was a far better player in the last years of his contact that he was at first.
    Still the odd moment of madness but he left in credit and he seemed a gentle giant.

Ryan Inniss is a scary beast and TBH is probably more suited to the "take no prisoners" of the mediocre League 1.

wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Huddersfield fans have really taken to him. Yes, every few games he makes a mistake, but overall his dominant performances have seen Huddersfield gain a lot of points. Sad that some of our fans couldn't overlook the occasional screw-up. He's not a relegation defender, that's for sure
    Let it go, mate 
    Why let it go...we are in League 1 and he is in the Championship.  Same with Simon Francis who went on to have a successful career in the Premiership and Championship. There are others our fans have scape goats too. Same result every time.  They go to a better team

Then after it is a banned subject.  Why ? Wrong almost every time. 

Now it is Bogle.  Deary me.
    I get Francis and I get Sarr but I would have to draw the line at Bogle playing at a higher level. He's 28 now, scored 5 goals in 34 appearances at that level and no one wanted him this season 'til we stepped in. In 13 appearances for us he has scored a tap in from two yards and fallen over the ball for another.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

“The centre-back was in poor form all game thereafter, letting players breeze past him with ease and looking generally sloppy on the ball, especially in the first half, where he completed less than two-thirds of his passes.

As hair enthusiast Matt Shaw of podcast And He Takes That Chance has observed, Sarr has formed a habit of having two good performances followed by an atrocious one, and that the bad ones tend to coincide with Town’s poorer performances as a team. Right on cue, then.”

The flipside of that, of course, is that most of the time, both he and Huddersfield are good
  • Options
    Watched Naby's goal 3 times and the tingle gets stronger with every viewing.

SO miss away days ! 
  • Options
    I watched him the other night in  live game.

A fairly typical performance, fairly calm and assured playing the ball around at the back, the odd probing pass forward. Then a complete rabbit in the headlights moment where instead of just hoofing it he inexplicably decided to play it straight to the onrushing forward which nearly led to a goal. Then later on he makes a lame challenge and ended up hitting his own post.

Standard Sarr. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great game, I'm in that video too with the lads. 
  • Options
    Watched 5 mins of the Cov v Hudds game and in that time Sarr hit two brilliant cross field balls to the winger's feet. He didn't need half hour to think about it...just pinged it. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Watched 5 mins of the Cov v Hudds game and in that time Sarr hit two brilliant cross field balls to the winger's feet. He didn't need half hour to think about it...just pinged it. 
    Yeah, Naby's a baller.

It's when he hesitates that he sometimes panics. And then he knows he's got a mistake in him.
    And that's his problem.

• Options
    The stumble was the pathetic bit, the finish itself was good. He tapped it with his trailing leg with clear intent to knock it in.

The goal became more laughable with his awful miss and extremely awful range shots thereafter. He suddenly had the confidence to try some of the shots we've been begging for him to take on.

I've said a few times now, I would not be looking to offload him any time soon.

• Options
    Took a few more games than I thought, but Hudds cult hero status confirmed 
  • Options
    Looks like they threw him upfront for the last few minutes?