Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thatcher

Has (potentially) cost us around 4 points from the last three games.

Headed the ball behind for a needless corner at Everton - Lescott scored
Lets the ball go under his foot against Sheff Utd - Stead scored
Gets sent off at Blackburn - Loads of people scored.

I'm not necessarily blaming him for all 4 points but a IF we had gone on to draw the first and last of those games, I could see us getting out of it as it stands I cant.

Oh well........... It was fun whilst it lasted.

Bring on Palace I say....

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Where was Diawara on Sat?
  • I refuse to believe in football being a game of IFS. We played shite for 4 months of the season, at one point looking to underhaul (?) Sunderlands lowest points total. I can't see we've got too much room to complain. IF we had more than one striker who could score, IF we had decent service from midfield, IF we didn't have so many bottlers in one team.

Another thing, players such as Rommerdahl who state they're not prepared to player in a lower league: Eh? You played absolute fookin shite along with the rest of the team, you're one of the reasons we are in this predicament. As soon as a player says such a thing, his contract should be cancelled.

Rant over.
  • True - Mind you, who was unhappy with the signing of JFH before we realised just how lazy and disinterested he was / is?

(On paper at least) the combination of Jimmy and Darren should have been a great partnership
  • Thatcher was injured ffs against Sheff Utd and had to go off.
    Everton corner could have been Carson's fault, anyway a corner is not a goal - we haven't scored from a corner since January 2006!

The fact is we haven't been good enough over the season so far, but we can still do it if we beat Spurs - to do that we need players with passion, hwyl, commitment.

Say goodbye to Thomas, Ambrose, JFH, Marcus Bent.
    [/b]Bring back Raddo[/b]
  • i'm with Dan, he's been a good signing on balance, i'm not intentionally knocking him.

But he shouldn't of been on the pitch for the Sheff U goal, and cost the team and supporters dearly with an unnecessary lunge on saturday. As i said yesterday, its entirely feasible if we beat Spurs that the relegation could be decided by a goal difference of 1 or 2. And if we had 11 men against Blackburn, it would not of ended 4-1. In fact, when we equalised we were there was a good chance with the crowd and momuntum we would of gone on and won it.
  • Thatcher.