Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ticket office

I've just been online to try and buy tickets for the first home match v QPR but only directing me to the league cup match against Daggers. Is the OS not working or can I purchase tickets over the phone.

Comments

• Use the tab at the top of the page and select 'league' games.
  • edited July 2015
    Nope. No sign of League games tab. Only the Daggers. Am I being a total thicky today or is a trip to the opticians required or what?
  • edited July 2015
    Solidgone said:

Nope. No sign of League games tab. Only the Daggers. Am I being a total thicky today or is a trip to the opticians required or what?

No, you're not, it was in the list (of two) under the Skybet Championship tab but it's now gone. Dag & Red, of course is not that kind of fixture.
  • I think I know why, north lower adult tickets were coming up with a price range of £0-£26, and every seat you chose was billed as £0, ordered mine and my sons under 21 ticket at £17 and only got charged the £17 when I checked out. Presumably someone has noticed and taken this down to put it right, I expect another transaction on my card or a phone call soon.
  • Beyond parody.
  • edited July 2015
    It's just as likely related to the fact they've put QPR on restricted sale because the visitors have sold out. They'll need to work out the implications of that for the online system. For example, what's to stop you as a QPR fan setting yourself up as a new member through one of the other games and then buying QPR tickets for a home area online?
  • As I mentioned on another thread, getting season tickets online isn't as straight forward as it should be either. (No key to Zone/Blocks that I can find when you apply and nowhere to get a VG discount).
  • Has anyone received Derby tickets by post?

I ordered them last Monday but no sign of them

Yes I have. But I called the ticket office to explain that I wasn't using the collection option but that the site hadn't added the £1 p&p charge. They said they'd get them posted. They didn't add the extra charge.

I ordered mine last week & received them the next day.

I thought the website confusing, so spoke to the ticket office manager, after ordering and she said away tickets would always be posted out (and they were). No P&P was added.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015

Has anyone received Derby tickets by post?

Managed to order them last Wednesday morning. No sign of them but not too worried. They need to prioritise and I understand that.
  • Oh well, guess it's back to the old-fashioned phone call for me tomorrow now...
  • Just a quick comment on my first foray into buying away tickets this season .

Decided to call and purchase our group's tickets for the Dag & Red Cup match plus our 2 for Forest.

No problem with either and no Con/client ref numbers required. Steve dealt with both quickly & efficiently.

However, mindful of the manner in which tickets are sold for away games with a relatively small allocation and the fact that MR F is not a VG member , I asked why I had not been asked for the 2nd ticket holder's Red Card number ie to link this purchase of a ticket to his "history" on the database.

I was told that this was an oversight and that this should have been requested. However, at this early stage of the season and the new system in operation, it seems that customers need to be "on the ball" and ensure that their "guests'" details are given to the Customer Service Operator.

But this needs to be done BEFORE the transaction is completed ie the payment taken otherwise it's too late to link said purchase as in my case today.

I would suggest that ticket stubs are retained after away games as proof of attendance just in case they are needed in future.

Finally, I was asked if I wanted the tickets sent out but was advised that the cost of booking by phone/admin fee would be scrubbed if collecting personally. Fortunately, I was able to arrange the latter so the tickets for both games should be ready for collection from the VG window. Job done.

Hope this helps....

• Just a quick comment on my first foray into buying away tickets this season .

Decided to call and purchase our group's tickets for the Dag & Red Cup match plus our 2 for Forest.

No problem with either and no Con/client ref numbers required. Steve dealt with both quickly & efficiently.

However, mindful of the manner in which tickets are sold for away games with a relatively small allocation and the fact that MR F is not a VG member , I asked why I had not been asked for the 2nd ticket holder's Red Card number ie to link this purchase of a ticket to his "history" on the database.

I was told that this was an oversight and that this should have been requested. However, at this early stage of the season and the new system in operation, it seems that customers need to be "on the ball" and ensure that their "guests'" details are given to the Customer Service Operator.

But this needs to be done BEFORE the transaction is completed ie the payment taken otherwise it's too late to link said purchase as in my case today.

I would suggest that ticket stubs are retained after away games as proof of attendance just in case they are needed in future.

Finally, I was asked if I wanted the tickets sent out but was advised that the cost of booking by phone/admin fee would be scrubbed if collecting personally. Fortunately, I was able to arrange the latter so the tickets for both games should be ready for collection from the VG window. Job done.

Hope this helps....

If I understand this do I get a Doctorate?

• seth plum said:

Just a quick comment on my first foray into buying away tickets this season .

Hope this helps....

Oh, the irony
  • seth plum said:

Hope this helps....

Oh, the irony

seth plum said:

Hope this helps....

Oh, the irony
    Supposed to be a dig? As in my posts are incomprehensible?

• seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Hope this helps....

Oh, the irony

seth plum said:

Hope this helps....

Oh, the irony

you what?
  • Just been down and renewed season tickets for my dad and myself. We are moving from Upper North to West and the lady couldn't have been more helpful.

They're all working hard at the desks getting cards ready to go out and was told we should get ours this week.

Up to about 9,600 at the moment.
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Hope this helps....

Oh, the irony

seth plum said:

Hope this helps....

Oh, the irony

you what?
    'Oh the irony'.
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Hope this helps....

Oh, the irony

seth plum said:

Hope this helps....

Oh, the irony

you what?
    'Oh the irony'.
    whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
  • Sponsored links:

• Pack it in you two !

Can tell school's out.
  • edited July 2015
    It's only a proper whoosh moment if at least one person actually gets it Henry...and that doesn't include you Henry!! :wink:
  • Is whooooooooosh supposed to be a trumpeting of some kind of triumphalism? I am not following, despite politely enquiring.
  • Can I play?
  • DA9DA9
    edited August 2015
    DA9 said:

I think I know why, north lower adult tickets were coming up with a price range of £0-£26, and every seat you chose was billed as £0, ordered mine and my sons under 21 ticket at £17 and only got charged the £17 when I checked out. Presumably someone has noticed and taken this down to put it right, I expect another transaction on my card or a phone call soon.

update, received an email earlier this week saying my transaction for my ticket had failed, but my sons concession ticket had gone through. Asked them what had happened and they couldn't explain. Told them to take it off my card as they had the details, but apparently they don't as the system doesn't let them see card details. Said I would call back end of this week/next week after pay day, however, 2 days later I receive both tickets, one adult one with a £0 value..confused.com
  • DA9 said:

DA9 said:

I think I know why, north lower adult tickets were coming up with a price range of £0-£26, and every seat you chose was billed as £0, ordered mine and my sons under 21 ticket at £17 and only got charged the £17 when I checked out. Presumably someone has noticed and taken this down to put it right, I expect another transaction on my card or a phone call soon.

update, received an email earlier this week saying my transaction for my ticket had failed, but my sons concession ticket had gone through. Asked them what had happened and they couldn't explain. Told them to take it off my card as they had the details, but apparently they don't as the system doesn't let them see card details. Said I would call back end of this week/next week after pay day, however, 2 days later I receive both tickets, one adult one with a £0 value...what to do?
    I think that's been done as a kind gesture for your patience in the matter
    I doubt the tickets come out automatically as £0 but maybe they do so its up to you !!
  • DA9 said:

DA9 said:

update, received an email earlier this week saying my transaction for my ticket had failed, but my sons concession ticket had gone through. Asked them what had happened and they couldn't explain. Told them to take it off my card as they had the details, but apparently they don't as the system doesn't let them see card details. Said I would call back end of this week/next week after pay day, however, 2 days later I receive both tickets, one adult one with a £0 value...what to do?
    I think that's been done as a kind gesture for your patience in the matter
    I doubt the tickets come out automatically as £0 but maybe they do so its up to you !!
    The website before they took it down did state price range 0-26, and there was no £26 option when you clicked, mind you, the saga has wound me up, and now thinking of saying stuff it and just go for a drink with mates in the lib and forget the game ( first game tradition and all that) bit skint anyway and don't want to be pulled at turnstile or in the seat for alleged trickery etc when it's not my fault. I can only assume the tickets were sent as per system despite the £0 value and they only noticed when it was too late and contacted all those involved, I can't have been the only one.
  • I actually received both tickets, one adult ticket with a £0 value but seat number etc
  • THIS is the approach that would've had all the tickets done and dusted weeks ago.