Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2015

Shame he is rivalling Spongefoot as our most goal shy striker of Roland's era.

Makienok will not score a hat full of goals this season, if you read the Interview he himself states that he's the target man type of player, he'll make a nuisance of himself and win headers for Watt etc... to run on to
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

If he can be half a Duncan Ferguson then that's fine by me

Which half?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely the Newsshopper could find a better picture of our pitch!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

It's because they use an old directory of images... hence they even got a player picture wrong recently.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

I've been uploading the stories whilst PG is on jury service and they didn't have any photos of SM on their system yet so went for a generic picture of The Valley - didn't even notice the pitch!

There's some great Luzon ones to choose from when I upload any interviews with him - 75% of which he is crouching in.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Essex_Al said:

It's because they use an old directory of images... hence they even got a player picture wrong recently.
    The Roger Johnson Johnnie Jackson debacle I'm not taking the blame for! PG needs his eyes testing!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Loved how he shoved the West Ham fella off the ball, not sure he'd get away with it in a Championship match, however a very welcome addition at the moment, could be a bit of a cult figure, definately need to get a bit of 'Whats that coming over the hill is it a monster' on the PA.
  • Options
    Thought he was brilliant will cause a lot of trouble for defences and create particularly for vetokele when fit, think he'll pick up a few bookings for persistent but not nasty fouls.
  • Options

Makienok will not score a hat full of goals this season, if you read the Interview he himself states that he's the target man type of player, he'll make a nuisance of himself and win headers for Watt etc... to run on to
    I think he will because I don't see championship defender's containing him
  • Options

Was you there on Saturday out of curiosity?

The guy looks like he could be an absolute handful. The closest thing we've had to someone who specializes in hold up play and winning headers to Yann.
  • Options
    I have to say I'm not sure I saw the promise that others have seen in him in the 60 odd minutes I've watched him play, I'm sure I'll see it soon enough. He is certainly tall, physical and will cause Championship defenders issues, he needs to make sure he's on the right side of the line though - he got away with a few challenges on Saturday which definitely would have been given as free kicks in a league match.

A fully fit Igor feeding off of the flick ons and knock downs would be exciting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My caveat is that this must be plan B and not play A. Most on here enjoyed the football up to October and from February, which was characterised by passing football at decent tempo . I also felt we played better on Saturday (albeit against a young West Ham side) when KAG came on alongside Watt.

I really hope Makienok turns out to be excellent and there is no doubt that he has aerial ability , but I really hope this is not our only mode of attack
  • Options

i didnt go but he sounds like the "white Carlo "
  • Options
    Nice to see that Big Mak has settled well and is full of enthusiasm
  • Options
    Think more like Andy Carroll. Doesn't appear as lanky, just huge.
  • Options
    I thought he was ok - not brilliant. That said he is certainly different and certainly going to be a handful. Give it time for people to understand where he flicks it on to etc and we'd have a weapon.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I thought he was ok - not brilliant. That said he is certainly different and certainly going to be a handful. Give it time for people to understand where he flicks it on to etc and we'd have a weapon.

Not that I can see him playing as much this year but Jacko is someone who springs to mind who would really benefit from him, Can imagine JJ being in the right placer arriving late into the box like he did a few seasons back.

Not a bad option having Jacko coming of the bench when needing a goal still.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Essex_Al said:

There's some great Luzon ones to choose from when I upload any interviews with him - 75% of which he is crouching in.
    Probably getting used to somebody behind him shouting ' siiidddaaarrn' every time he stands up...
  • Options
    Has anyone said "Boo" yet?

BOO!!!!!
  • Options

charlton fans in a nutshell
    And we missed out on Di Maria too...