Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Isle of Sheppy, Minster, Leysdown........

Afternoon all,
On my (homeless) travels, I'm currently in Leysdown. Will be here until November, then back again from February next year.
Got to arrange something between these dates, hey, at least it keeps me going.

Anyway, sorry, I digress.

Was wondering if anyone fancies a monthly meet up down here to discuss all things CAFC and maybe organize some travel ?

Just "putting feelers out there", so, if anyone wants to "touch base" (I think that's what the hipsters say) let me know on this thread.

Thanks again for all your help over the last few years,

MoG x

Comments

• Just up the beach a bit mate, won't get to the football much this year (I don't think) should be about a bit after september (wife birthday).... ;)
  • There used to be a proper and I mean proper old slosh pit on the road to Leysdown. Reminds me of the bar from roadhouse if you can't pick up some 'company' in there cut your parts off
  • I'm on Sheppey and know a few other addicks here too,pick up the valley express from sheerness . Are you on a site in Leysdown?
  • kevtherev said:

I'm on Sheppey and know a few other addicks here too,pick up the valley express from sheerness . Are you on a site in Leysdown?

Afternoon Kev, yup, where's you ?
  • Glad to hear all is well MoG. Stick in there pal, it'll all work out.

Nice gesture Dan. Top fella.
  • \i am down that way nowadays MOG.... beer soon? again....
  • Sheerness for me and others in Minster. Sometimes get the paradise club should be there Saturday next
  • MOG what happened about your court case mate?
  • Sponsored links:

• Evening,
    @buckshee , got to go back in September.
    @PL54 , hiya, down in Leysdown (hence this thread). Hoping to get up for Saturday, will have 2 season tickets for you and Glen to use during November and half of December if you like.
    @kevtherev , hope all is good. Planning to drive up Saturday morning and stay overnight. What time does the valley express normally get to SE7 ?
    @PeteF , want a lift up Saturday morning ? (If my season ticket has arrived).
  • Leaves Sheerness at 11:00Hrs and can get to the valley from any time from 13:15hrs on wards
  • Evening,
    @buckshee , got to go back in September.
    @PL54 , hiya, down in Leysdown (hence this thread). Hoping to get up for Saturday, will have 2 season tickets for you and Glen to use during November and half of December if you like.
    @kevtherev , hope all is good. Planning to drive up Saturday morning and stay overnight. What time does the valley express normally get to SE7 ?
    @PeteF , want a lift up Saturday morning ? (If my season ticket has arrived).

What have I done to make you want to punish me?
  • Nice bit of wildfowling on the foreshaw down there,
  • Anyone know of any decent friendly pubs in Minster or Sheerness, and, anyone up for a monthly CAFC pint ? (Something like the 2nd Thursday or whatever suits......)
  • Ferry Boat Inn MOG
  • Or might be Ferry House Inn MOG
  • Anyone know of any decent friendly pubs in Minster or Sheerness, and, anyone up for a monthly CAFC pint ? (Something like the 2nd Thursday or whatever suits......)

The Playa on the sea front at Minster has been ok when I've been there.
  • I use the Minster club, nice and cheap the guy that runs the coach to home games along with his daughter run the seafood stall out the front get in there so few Charlton about. As for a midweek booze, can't do it while I'm still working :(
  • Sponsored links:

• The ferry house is a bit off the beaten track. I know Clive and Demi (coach Steward) and sometimes use MWMC and they have dark fruit Cider on draught
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks, will pop into the MWMC and see if a Cafc evening is possible. Will also pop into the Ferry House Inn, purely for research reasons obviously. ....
  • Pop in to the paradise club leysdown any Saturday or Sunday night we are always in there , and it's cheap and very friendly and open till late mog
  • Mog Demi said she has invited you into the paradise club and she runs the seafood stall on the mwmc car park every Friday Saturday Sunday
  • Afternoon all.
    Going to the Minster Working Man's Club in the next couple of days, hoping to organise an evening there in March ( yes, I know it's along way off) with a certain ex Charlton Athletic centre forward who, apparently likes a drink, cigarette and once played under Tommy Docherty.
    Just wondering, as usual.......how many would be interested ?
    Thanks.

PS. Drove up last night, nice to see @LenGlover, Lee, and others, have we been so under strength and injuried hit all season ?
  • Saw the heading, thought it was a thread about some of the sides we'll be playing against by the time Roland and Katrien have finished executing ze masterplan.
  • Afternoon all.
    Going to the Minster Working Man's Club in the next couple of days, hoping to organise an evening there in March ( yes, I know it's along way off) with a certain ex Charlton Athletic centre forward who, apparently likes a drink, cigarette and once played under Tommy Docherty.
    Thanks.

PS. Drove up last night, nice to see @LenGlover, Lee, and others, have we been so under strength and injuried hit all season ?

Sounds like a killer evening.
  • Afternoon all.
    Thanks.

Good to see you too @Miserableoldgit shame the football wasn't as good.
  • Killer has been visiting MWMC Sunday afternoons dont think he has been there recently?