Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BDL

Sorry if been mentioned anywhere, but where was Dave Lockwood today? Has he been replaced, or just on holiday?

The guy doing the announcing today was awful. Spoke too fast, too high pitched, neither helped by poor echo on the PA.............

Comments

• Options

I think Daves being moved round the network.

Is that a loan or permanent deal
  • Options
    Only at CAFC can you be written off, on your debut.
    With all the coming and goings the guy did fine,
    BDL; he's behind you.
  • Options

He's away today. The guy filling in for him is also on here, aand also a fan, so please give him a bit of slack.

As long as the criticism is constructive, then I can't see any issues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The new guy did a grand job.

Cheers Beds
  • Options

shirty5 said:

He's away today. The guy filling in for him is also on here, aand also a fan, so please give him a bit of slack.

As long as the criticism is constructive, then I can't see any issues.
    Me neither matey, just don't want a thread evolving where a 20yr old lad who posts on here and was filling in today gets coated by those who can't be constructive.
    I'm blurty 8
  • Options
    I thought the new lad did a great job, especially with some of the names he had to pronounce.
  • Options
    dancafc said:

I think Daves being moved round the network.

Is that a loan or permanent deal
    Be an undisclosed fee.
  • Options
    Thought he did very well. I believe he lost communication with the DJ box during the second-half, too.
  • Options
    I didn't see anything that he did wrong
  • Options
    I wondered where BDL was. Fair play to the guy who did it today, debuts are always tough!
  • Options
    BDL said:

Hello, I'm in Spain. :-) Didn't know you cared Tango ;-)

Gis a wave I'm in lanzerote
  • Options
    We missed you Dave, not the same without you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't mean to come across as being harsh on the other fella. It was probably more down to the PA, which (from where I was sat in the covered end) had an annoying echo and speaking a bit slower might have helped with hearing what he was saying (this may have been partly down to nerves).

And Dave, of course I care, you big loveable beast................... :wink:
  • Options
    Change is often something that people don't like, and of course we were missing a big and popular Charlton character in BDL.

But I thought Matt did fine. He does a great job down at Bromley and, despite being asked to a bigger and more complicated job yesterday, did very well.

Good to know there's a decent backup for the next time Dave gets his mankini on to top up his tan.
  • Options
    ^Good stuff this man. A man who, should he fancy a holiday himself, has a ready-made stand-in with the same first name - same pronunciation too - waiting to take up journalistic cudgels.
  • Options
    Who was it Matt_himself the palace fan ?
  • Options

Who was it Matt_himself the palace fan ?

It was Matt Hall, the stadium announcer at Bromley.

I'm not sure what his username is on here if indeed he is on here, but he's not a palace fan!
  • Options
    Is he still answering peoples questions?
  • Options

Is he still answering peoples questions?

Ask him :wink:
  • Options
    I miss question for BDL. Do you BDL?