Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

DVLA Car Clamping

The threat of having your car immobilised for not paying your road tax was always something I didn't really believe, like TV Detector Vans. It seems they are serious though, it does appear to have coincided with the demise of tax discs, I saw SEVEN clamped cars this morning within a few streets from where I live, and all with non-payment of road tax tickets. Looks like they mean business. One was a licensed Black Cab.

Comments

• Seen this several times in the past. They normally hit an area before moving along to the next one.
  • I take the "tax in the post" notice in the windscreen doesn't work anymore?
  • With no tax discs now do the DVLA still inform you when the tax is due ?
  • Yes thay do.just got back 60 pound after sale of my car with 4 months left on it.happy with that.
  • I take the "tax in the post" notice in the windscreen doesn't work anymore?

Guinness label still works a treat!

This has ruined one of my neighbour's (an elderly gentleman) hobby of reporting people for out of date tax discs. What will he do to fill the days? Mind you he may not have heard about the changes and be going round reporting everyone!
  • They took my car and put a lovely lean-to on it with candles and comfy chars and everything.
    Oh no wait that was DVLA glamping
  • You can check the tax status online on the gov website tells whether there is a valid MOT too. https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax I believe you get about 60 days grace before they clamp or remove, something like that.