Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vetokele interview after Dulwich game

If he is able to deal with the Achilles problem this year then that is a huge plus. Will be difficult though in a 46-game season.

http://bit.ly/1Mf6QdO

Comments

• Especially as centre halves will be trampling his achilles on purpose. #dirtynortheners.
  • There were rumours early in the summer that he was going to have an operation but I presume that wasn't deemed necessary. Certainly feels as though he hasn't been 100% for about seven months, not sure us playing him week in week out has really helped.
  • Surprised he hasn't been in one of those inflatable boots between training to protect his achilles.
  • Big fan of Igor. Unfair to knock his mid -season form as he was clearly injured. When he has a forward with him to stretch defences like Church and then Watt did, he scores goals.
  • Any updates on his injury? Haven't seen any info recently unless I've missed it but its our 4th match Saturday and still no sign of him. As we get closer to the transfer window shutting does the club have any intentions of bringing another striker in or is there hope reza will step up if his knock on Tuesday isn't too bad.
  • Any updates on his injury? Haven't seen any info recently unless I've missed it but its our 4th match Saturday and still no sign of him. As we get closer to the transfer window shutting does the club have any intentions of bringing another striker in or is there hope reza will step up if his knock on Tuesday isn't too bad.

I'm sure I read before the Derby game he's due back in training next couple weeks
  • DeeBee said:

Any updates on his injury? Haven't seen any info recently unless I've missed it but its our 4th match Saturday and still no sign of him. As we get closer to the transfer window shutting does the club have any intentions of bringing another striker in or is there hope reza will step up if his knock on Tuesday isn't too bad.

I'm sure I read before the Derby game he's due back in training next couple weeks
    CAFC used to say that about kelly Youga ?

For about a year !

• He had a setback about ten days ago. Don't expect to see him fit for a month, at least.
  • Luzon said last week that he was a couple of weeks away. He had said he was joining with the squad after the West Ham friendly. Every update from Luzon has been consistent with this - be interesting to see what he says in today's pc.
  • Wouldn't have him in the first team if he was fit to be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

Wouldn't have him in the first team if he was fit to be fair.

Igor and Watt partnership is better than watt and Mak imo
  • No reason for thinking this but I have a feeling that we won't be seeing much of Igor this season.
  • cafctom said:

From HT against Norwich and then for the next two games it worked fine,
    assists and goals from both of them, but then the fitness issue with Igor kicked in again and he must be so far from match fitness(did he do a pre season ?)

when/if i was head coach/manager i would send Igor away from his partner for a month to the top fitness experts in the world and if didn't cure him or at least give an answer to his problems, then the absence from his lovely partner should give him an incentive to get back and Scoring :blush:

• cafctom said:

Three league games in and all of our goals have involved Makienok's work, whilst Tony Watt has put two of them away. Though Igor looked good at the start of last season, part of me now thinks that it was just a matter of really good form for him rather than the norm.

In the second half of last season Igor's poor form didn't look to be down to fitness entirely, he was just simply making the wrong decisions.
  • No reason for thinking this but I have a feeling that we won't be seeing much of Igor this season.

Was thinking this myself (hope we are both wrong SHG).....might be worth getting another striker in b4 the deadline.
  • Big fan of Igor. Unfair to knock his mid -season form as he was clearly injured. When he has a forward with him to stretch defences like Church and then Watt did, he scores goals.

Did I miss something with church?? Would not use church and stretching defences in the same sentence
    And it's not a dig at church as liked him as gave 100%
  • cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Three league games in and all of our goals have involved Makienok's work, whilst Tony Watt has put two of them away. Though Igor looked good at the start of last season, part of me now thinks that it was just a matter of really good form for him rather than the norm.

In the second half of last season Igor's poor form didn't look to be down to fitness entirely, he was just simply making the wrong decisions.
    I don't think Mak is a bad player at all and agree he's been useful in the opening games. Igor is class though and we really missed him when he was injured last season. He's a shoe in when he gets back to full fitness. Natural goalscorer much like Tony.
  • Is Igor 'clearly' injured. it all seems to be a bit of a mystery to me, there must have been scans, tests, blood samples and so on taken, and the injury seems to be a very unclear one.
    I am in no way medically qualifies, but the length of time Igor has been suffering this injury is akin to ACL or ankle ligament or something lengthy like that which would be clear to identify and there may then be a clear pathway to sorting it out.
    The Igor injury is a bit of a mystery, but it would be great to see him back.
  • It's an achiles which is notoriously hard to cure and can re-occur when initially seeming fine. My nephew still has flare-ups five years on and has had to give up playing.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's an achiles which is notoriously hard to cure and can re-occur when initially seeming fine. My nephew still has flare-ups five years on and has had to give up playing.

Well it's good that he has 'uncle positive' to keep his spirits up