Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GAA

Comments

• Options

Also Kerry could be out of all Ireland, and Galway remain on target for the double

All hail the Junior Football All Ireland Champions - Kerry!
    4 in a row!

But yes Sam seems a long, long way from Kerry.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Also Kerry could be out of all Ireland, and Galway remain on target for the double

All hail the Junior Football All Ireland Champions - Kerry!
    4 in a row!

But yes Sam seems a long, long way from Kerry.
    shame as i cannot stand the dubs
  • Options
    Once the GAA allowed football & rugby at Croke Park, that should have been the end of rule 42, especially as they allowed GSTQ to be played there.
  • Options

Once the GAA allowed football & rugby at Croke Park, that should have been the end of rule 42, especially as they allowed GSTQ to be played there.

They have also allowed American Football, Boxing and Concerts at various GAA stadia. They offered the Miller organisation non playing facilities which they conveniently didn't need to put through congress despite that also being against the same rule.

Cork City could potentially require a larger stadium should we get past Rosenborg or Celtic in the Europa League next month (we'd be large underdogs but its possible) due to UEFA regulations and we would most likely have to play a game in Limerick or Dublin while the partially Publically funded Pairc Ui Chaoimh sits unused.
  • Options
    Come on Kerry. Big win and Monaghan to lose.
    Fingers crossed.
    Up the Kingdom, Ciarrai abu!
  • Options
    Kerry playing poorly. Not enough aggression or commitment.
    Still not beyond them though.
  • Options
    Whisper it quietly, but Kerry's elimination and Fitzmaurice's resignation will be obscured by today's hockey result.

Possibly dangerous move by the GAA bringing Sky on board, leaving RTE to show hockey (and camogie) live instead...
  • Options

Whisper it quietly, but Kerry's elimination and Fitzmaurice's resignation will be obscured by today's hockey result.

Not in the Kingdom.

But yes elsewhere.
  • Options
    Finally recovering from the shock of Tyrone making it through to the All Ireland Final (Monaghan should really have won on Sunday, given how much they were on the front foot in the second half).

A more fussy ref would probably have changed the course of the match.

Still hard to see beyond Dublin, and there's little doubt that if Tyrone play in the Final like they did on Sunday they'll get absolutely hammered.

I'm not a massive fan of Mickey Harte, but he's been almost spot on this summer.
  • Options
    cant see past a dublin victory unfortunately.

classic arrogance over the weekend a shop had a sign in the window;

this shop will be closed on saturday at 5pm due to dublin playing a warm up game for the final against galway.

hope galway get their 6th title on sunday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The GAA board are hated by nearly every Irish person I know

Most Irish people, especially GAA fans, don't really think too much about the Council, it's the County Boards and the teams that have the greater day to day impact.
    Was just commenting on people I know, the words my other half’s dad used was “ there the biggest shower of bigotted cunts - they hate anything English ( football ) “
    I think I know your other half's dad :lol:
  • Options
    Feels really odd having the finals so early...All-Ireland Hurling final in the middle of August...madness, I tell ye!!

Anyway...still think Galway will edge it this weekend :wink:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Feels really odd having the finals so early...All-Ireland Hurling final in the middle of August...madness, I tell ye!!

Think they brought it forward because of the world cup at the end of the season.
  • Options
    First blood to Limerick, but I still think this is Galway’s year again.

Croke Park is stunning on days like this. Biggest sporting event in Europe this weekend, with over 82,000 in attendance.
  • Options
    I know nothing! Limerick haven’t taken their foot off the gas and Galway can’t live with them. Superb 2nd goal from Limerick & perfect game plan so far.
  • Options
    Come on Galway! 5 mins to go!
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Think they brought it forward because of the world cup at the end of the season.
    I heard it’s a week early as the pope is visiting next week?
    Shame he couldn’t have seen the game.
  • Options

Come on Galway! 5 mins to go!

Bugger.
  • Options
    Great match. Limerick pressed hard from the off and never let Galway get started. Looked like they were coasting it until the champs had that late spurt and I thought the GAA were getting their favourite result. Fair play to Limerick for then going again. Deserved the win and the Liam MacCarthy!
  • Options
    Watched in the 12 pins nearly everyone in a Galway jersey so the pub emptied after ft, Limerick deserved it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great result (good for hurling) and a great game, if a bit error strewn at times.
  • Options
    Disappointing for Tyrone today.

But, you really can't have as many wides from good point scoring positions and expect to win.

And Dublin are the best team at the minute (sadly, by some distance).

Sniffle....
  • Options
    Thought Tyrone were pretty poor. I know the Dubs are at another level, but @NornIrishAddick is quite right about the number of wides. When you’re playing a top, top team, you need take every chance you get.
  • Options
    What about Kerry winning the Minors though. 5 years in a row!
    I hope this come through in the seniors.

I didn't see either game today but congrats to the Dubs. A great team setting a high bench mark.
  • Options
    Amateur players, so where does all the money go from GAA?
  • Options

Believe it or not, grass roots, you would be amazed at the number of small villages with decent GAA facilities. Also they must have some bank account.
  • Options

Believe it or not, grass roots, you would be amazed at the number of small villages with decent GAA facilities. Also they must have some bank account.
    this the stadiums in clare where i was last weekend for the bank holiday were ridiculous.
  • Options
    iainment said:

What about Kerry winning the Minors though. 5 years in a row!
    I hope this come through in the seniors.

I didn't see either game today but congrats to the Dubs. A great team setting a high bench mark.

Gritted teeth... GGRRRRR!!!!!

Yes, Dublin have tremendous all around ability and strength in depth, but to be expected, given the numbers playing in the county. The mystery is how they have not dominated more.

PS You will forgive me if I don't join with you in your hopes for Kerry in the Seniors (though, last year the GAA ran a shadow competition, for the new Minor age group, which was won by Tyrone).