Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

buyens?

Comments

• Greenie said:

We won more games with Yoni in the team and were a much better team, he scored every pen he took and could stick a 30 yard pass on a sixpence and yet some of you don't rate him because he didn't put himself about like Vinnie Jones, we really do have some winkles supporting our club.

Excellent use of the word "winkles." Not used nearly enough these days.
  • We may have all the winkles we could want, but we have lost our Whelk :'(
  • Greenie said:

We won more games with Yoni in the team and were a much better team, he scored every pen he took and could stick a 30 yard pass on a sixpence and yet some of you don't rate him because he didn't put himself about like Vinnie Jones, we really do have some winkles supporting our club.

So that is what I am, a winkle. Lazy, non committal, drifted out of games. No real desire to play for Charlton. As well as some of the names mentioned I would add JJ up to and including our first season back in the Championship.
  • Great penalties. Some decent midfield play but clumsy in the challenge. Clearly did not want to play for Charlton, so not unhappy that he returned to Belgium.
  • I was thinking of Buyens the other day. The bloke really could pass a ball
  • edited November 2015
    Should really have noticed it when we he played in pretty much every game of that run last season. What was it, one win in something like 17 games? And how many goals did he get in open play again? None?And assists? Three? If only he was here now to show the current lot how it's done!

• JiMMy 85 said:

Should really have noticed it when we he played in pretty much every game of that run last season. What was it, one win in something like 17 games? And how many goals did he get in open play again? None?And assists? Three? If only he was here now to show the current lot how it's done!

Are you referring only to those 17 games? Because he scored from open play vs Reading at home
  • Sponsored links:

• I know things are shite right now but don't get lured into thinking someone like Yoni Buyens, the epitome of average, would get us out this mess.
  • You got to remember Tom that everyone currently not in the team becomes brilliant , Kashi Makele will be back soon and improve results

I don't know if Kashi will improve results but I'd bet that he'll improve performances.
  • He's playing very well in his current club ... (KRC Genk).
  • skywalker said:

He's playing very well in his current club ... (KRC Genk).

No surprise
  • Buyens had a very bad spell mid season when he seemed to get booked every game with an innocuous pull back, but finished the season really well

Have we actually had a penalty this season?
  • edited November 2015

Yep we miss buyens and bulot big time.

Reckon we miss Bulot even more personally. The lack of creativity in our midfield is shocking.
  • Kashi is the missing link at the moment. Since he got injured we have had absolutely no steeliness in the midfield. Plus Ba played better when he was there. Kashi was able to mop up his mistakes too.
    I'd have one Kashi for every three Buyens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Buyens and Bulot over Ba and McAleny any day of the week.
  • This guy is looking for a club. Had a bit of misfortune ...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maarten_Martens
  • Oh cool, a crock. We could do with another

(seriously, if we could wring 20 games out of him this season then in the absence of Ceballos it looks like a good signing)
  • Buyens was the best penalty taker at this club for a generation. If we had him back we'd get some goals alright, all we'd need is someone in the team that could win a penalty.... oh!
  • skywalker said:

This guy is looking for a club. Had a bit of misfortune ...

Would be a good addition to the squad. Good experienced player and adds numbers.

CAFC are looking for a scout Leuth. A free player hits the spot and particularly impressed that you have managed to find a Belgium player when our own club just have players on trial only to find out that although they have Premiership experience they are not Belgium and therefore not able to therefore sign them. Suggest you send them a scouts report copied and pasted from the internet and claim your money.
  • Rossman92 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Are you referring only to those 17 games? Because he scored from open play vs Reading at home
    No I was referring to all games, I checked but I stand corrected. He got one goal from open play. One.
  • edited November 2015
    Redrobo said:

skywalker said:

This guy is looking for a club. Had a bit of misfortune ...

Would be a good addition to the squad. Good experienced player and adds numbers.

CAFC are looking for a scout Leuth. A free player hits the spot and particularly impressed that you have managed to find a Belgium player when our own club just have players on trial only to find out that although they have Premiership experience they are not Belgium and therefore not able to therefore sign them. Suggest you send them a scouts report copied and pasted from the internet and claim your money.
    He wasn't hard to find ... 'cause in almost every important Flemish newspaper ;) . I gather RD also read that article.... Sigh ...
  • We definitely miss Buyens. we've bought all defensive midfielders there is no creative midfielder. And with cabelos out no left wing.there has been rumours we have been looking at Josh windlass at Accrington. Think it's time to stop looking at these players and start buying.because this team don't look like scoring and I don't blame the forwards.we are going down at the moment. Things need to be changed.
  • We definitely miss Buyens. we've bought all defensive midfielders there is no creative midfielder. And with cabelos out no left wing.there has been rumours we have been looking at Josh windlass at Accrington. Think it's time to stop looking at these players and start buying.because this team don't look like scoring and I don't blame the forwards.we are going down at the moment. Things need to be changed.

You know we cant buy players till January dont you?

So at the moment, looking is all we can do
  • Buyens ability was never in doubt.

His heart for a fight was. Second bottom and woefully bad team morale...he is not the sort of player to get you out of that. Just think back to his contribution during our poor run of form last year.