Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

European scouting network.

With SL no longer the mother ship, have Charlton now lost access to the European scouting network that was so hyped about when R bought us? Would be interesting to know.

Comments

• I'm interested to know where our british scouting network is. The days of plucking a talent out of the lower leagues now seems non existent.
  • Wasn't the scouting network RDs baby based on his network model? Hopefully it's come with him away from SL and we have better pick now.
  • RoytheBoy said:

With SL no longer the mother ship, have Charlton now lost access to the European scouting network that was so hyped about when R bought us? Would be interesting to know.

Roland phones Dudu just as before so nothing has changed apart from several CAFC scouts have left.

• RoytheBoy said:

Roland phones Dudu just as before so nothing has changed apart from several CAFC scouts have left.

Is there any evidence that several scouts have left?
  • edited July 2015
    Scoham said:

RoytheBoy said:

They had convoluted titles but sounded like scouts. Perhaps Airman Brown can clarify. I doubt Ben Roberts was chuffed with unknown keepers arriving without his input.

Also apart from JBG, Igor who came with Bob, and the SL champions league surplus players, only Bauer looks half decent. So the RD scouting network is failing miserably.
  • Scoham said:

RoytheBoy said:

They had convoluted titles but sounded like scouts. Perhaps Airman Brown can clarify. I doubt Ben Roberts was chuffed with unknown keepers arriving without his input.

Also apart from JBG, Igor who came with Bob, and the SL champions league surplus players, only Bauer looks half decent. So the RD scouting network is failing miserably.
    Makienok hasn't had a kick of the ball yet ffs! There are some nuggets on this forum at times but my god Harvey your comments recently really are setting you up as long of them all. At least Colin is positive with his nonsensical drivel
  • Scoham said:

RoytheBoy said:

Who's "they"?

From what's been said about the scouting set up, both our scouts and the network scouts give their opinions on signings.

Igor was known to Bob but he could have been known by the network scouts and they probably gave their opinion.

Who are all the other signings they got so wrong? If network players don't count that excludes Nego, Tucudean, Reza and Koc. Piotr came in soon after the takeover when they badly underestimated the league. Since then I can only think of Lepoint as being scouted by them which everyone would agree was a mistake.

It's impossible to judge Bauer and Makienok at the moment. We don't know which scouts had input into the signing of Ba considering his most recent appearances were in French football.
  • edited July 2015
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

RoytheBoy said:

Who's "they"?

From what's been said about the scouting set up, both our scouts and the network scouts give their opinions on signings.

Igor was known to Bob but he could have been known by the network scouts and they probably gave their opinion.

Who are all the other signings they got so wrong? If network players don't count that excludes Nego, Tucudean, Reza and Koc. Piotr came in soon after the takeover when they badly underestimated the league. Since then I can only think of Lepoint as being scouted by them which everyone would agree was a mistake.

It's impossible to judge Bauer and Makienok at the moment. We don't know which scouts had input into the signing of Ba considering his most recent appearances were in French football.
    I doubt anyone at Charlton, including 'the scouts', had heard of or seen Bauer, Makienok or Ba before their respective agents contacted the club with details of their availability, statistics and DVD footage.