Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Something our overseas fans might be interested in

The Football League are promoting this venture at the present time if anyone's interested.
Notts County apparently doing well so far coz lots of Juventus fans voting for them.
https://www.representyourclub.com

Comments

• Apparently, I can only sign up once. ;-)
  • I'm signed up
  • Thanks for info, just signed up
  • Charlton now 20th.
  • Signed, there's 632 on there, impressive really seeing how not all foreign fans are gonna vote
  • One more from me.
  • Wonder do the Irish Addicks count. Must tell them on Facebook.
  • Yeah Irish Addicks count as overseas. Reason I thought they may not is nothing to do with politics coz obviously Ireland is overseas geographically, but just thought it gives an unfair advantage to the bigger clubs especially Liverpool or United because almost everybody there supports one of these two when it comes to English football.
  • centurion said:

Notts County apparently doing well so far coz lots of Juventus fans voting for them.
    https://www.representyourclub.com

Great so we can get all the Alcoron, STVV, Carl Zeiss Jena and Ujpest fans to vote for us.
  • Good idea IA. Maybe I'll post on the Liege forum. We should still be on friendly terms even after our split :)
  • Sponsored links:

• We've been at 20th for a few weeks now. Been signed up for awhile. With my current situation with school, this is likely my best shot to get over to England for a game

• Good idea. Lots of ex-pats are more passionate about their club than those at home.

Lots of Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Norwich in Hong Kong at the moment.

Can't be helped..
  • Is this the same one that was posted on here a few weeks ago?
  • Yes it is Jessie.
  • Yes it is Jessie.

Thanks. Signed up already then.
  • Don't understand why Notts County at No. 1
  • Don't understand why Notts County at No. 1

Bcause of their historical links with Juventus.

In 1903 the then mighty Notts County (oldest existing club in the world and original Football League member in 1888) donated shirts to Juventus to help get them started as a new club.

Juventus still play in Notts County colours today.

Consequently, Juventus invited Notts County to play them in a commemorative match to open their new stadium in 2011, forging strong links between both clubs' supporters.

To answer your question - many Juventus fans have voted for Notts County.

• Charlton are in 3rd place in China....and 2nd place in Myanmar!

(Fulham leading the way in the US.......WTF?!)
  • DanDavis said:

Charlton are in 3rd place in China....and 2nd place in Myanmar!

They have an American owner Dan.

Ps. Check out the CharltonLife tweets this afternoon for some breakdown stats on US (and Oz) based visits to CL

• DanDavis said:

Charlton are in 3rd place in China....and 2nd place in Myanmar!

Apparently Jessie has been voting over an over again for a few weeks now. She coyly asked the question whether this is the same one as a red herring to throw the FL off the scent.
  • Sponsored links:

• centurion said:

Yeah Irish Addicks count as overseas. Reason I thought they may not is nothing to do with politics coz obviously Ireland is overseas geographically, but just thought it gives an unfair advantage to the bigger clubs especially Liverpool or United because almost everybody there supports one of these two when it comes to English football.

It's a football league thing so PL clubs aren't in it.
  • Oggy Red said:

Don't understand why Notts County at No. 1

In 1903 the then mighty Notts County (oldest existing club in the world and original Football League member in 1888) donated shirts to Juventus to help get them started as a new club.

Consequently, Juventus invited Notts County to play them in a commemorative match to open their new stadium in 2011, forging strong links between both clubs' supporters.

Sheffield FC are the oldest club still playing football.

Notts County are merely the oldest club playing professional football.

• @iainment - good point.
  • Oggy Red said:

Don't understand why Notts County at No. 1

Sheffield FC are the oldest club still playing football.

Notts County are merely the oldest club playing professional football.

Which is what I meant, even if I posted in too much of a hurry to make the distinction.

But yes, you're right about Sheffield FC.