Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Updated Squad List - 11 July 2015

NAME / CONTRACT EXPIRY DATE

Goalkeepers

Stephen Henderson 2017
Marko Dmitrovic 2016
Nick Pope 2018

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2017

Centre Backs

Patrick Bauer 2019

Left Backs

Morgan Fox 2017
* Rhoys Wiggins 2018

Right Midfielders

Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson 2016

Central Midfielders

Jordan Cousins 2016
El-Hadji Ba 2018
Alou Diarra 2016
Johnnie Jackson 2016

Left Midfielders

Franck Moussa 2016
* Callum Harriott 2016

Strikers

Simon Makienok (Loaned from Palermo until end of 2015/16 season)
Igor Vetokele 2019
Tony Watt 2018

Expected to be sold/loaned out

Right Backs
Loïc Négo 2017

Centre Backs
André Bikey-Amougou 2016

Strikers
Reza Ghoochannejhad 2016
Piotr Parzyszek 2018
George Tucudean 2017 (Loaned to Steaua Bucharest until end of 2015/16 season)

* SLP has suggested the club is also looking to sell Wiggins, Harriot and Pigott.

U21 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Dillon Phillips 2016 (Loaned to Cheltenham until 2 January 2016)
Dimitar Mitov 2017 plus one year option
Jordan Beeney 2018 (had heard he signed a 2 year scholarship and 2 year pro deal)

Right Backs

Aaron Barnes 2016 or 2017 (estimated)

Centre Backs

Harry Lennon 2016
Ayo Obileye 2016
Terell Thomas 2017
Ezri Konsa 2017 (estimated)

Left Backs

Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 2016
Archie Edwards 2016 or 2017 (estimated)

Central Midfielders

Regan Charles-Cook 2016 or 2017 (estimated)
Oliver Muldoon 2017
Alex Kelly 2016 or 2017 (estimated)
George Lapslie 2017 or 2018 (estimated)

Strikers

Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2017 plus 1 year option
* Joe Pigott 2016
Tobi Sho-Silva 2016 (estimated)
Zak Ansah 2016
Mikhail Kennedy 2016 (estimated)
Josh Umerah 2016 or 2017 (estimated)
Brandon Hanlan 2016 or 2017 (estimated)

Comments

• Bloody hell - that doesn't look good.
  • That really is a a major risk going into the season - bearing in mind JBG hasn't started training, Solly has a dodgy knee, Makienok & Igor are carrying knocks, TW is visibly unfit (may take him the extra few weeks at start of season to hit peak fitness) and JJ of course carrying problems. Moussa we haven't seen him in donkeys years. GL really doesn't like Wiggins and what he brings to the team. Harriott also will be off if he gets the chance. Friendlies are well under way for English teams and we can't even field a professionally experienced team XI without out of position etc.. Hmm.
  • I agree Athletico Addick that is a thin squad, but I'm keeping the faith we'll bring in some good players. I think GL will be letting RD know that squad could be at the wrong end of the table unless we get some players in.

For me it's as important to clear out as well. You might not think we can cull much more but I think we so need to move on Piggott, Bikey etc

I think we'll be okay and there are more players on the way
  • cabbles said:

I agree Athletico Addick that is a thin squad, but I'm keeping the faith we'll bring in some good players. I think GL will be letting RD know that squad could be at the wrong end of the table unless we get some players in.

For me it's as important to clear out as well. You might not think we can cull much more but I think we so need to move on Piggott, Bikey etc

Lets hope so.
  • vff said:

cabbles said:

I agree Athletico Addick that is a thin squad, but I'm keeping the faith we'll bring in some good players. I think GL will be letting RD know that squad could be at the wrong end of the table unless we get some players in.

Lets hope so.
    Assume we are going to bring in at least 5-6 new players looking at that list...unless of course the u21s are going to fill in the gaps.
  • U21s can fill some gaps such as back up right back and fourth choice striker and fourth choice CB.. but in my book we still need 2cbs a creative CM and two wingers!! Minimum and thats before any outgoings!
  • U21s can fill some gaps such as back up right back and fourth choice striker and fourth choice CB.. but in my book we still need 2cbs a creative CM and two wingers!! Minimum and thats before any outgoings!

definitely another RB considering Solly's knee too.
    RB, 2 CBs, CM, 2 wingers would do the job IMO. Think the 3 strikers will be fine and dip into loan market if we get any injuries.
  • Don't expect Bikey to be sold/loaned. If we do get another CB he will be good cover, and if we don't get one in, I trust him to start
  • Rossman92 said:

Don't expect Bikey to be sold/loaned. If we do get another CB he will be good cover, and if we don't get one in, I trust him to start

Not being involved at Welling says it all. Last season Luzon preferred Diarra at CB over Bikey.

Then there's the SLP article saying he's free to leave. It's also been suggested he's on a good wage.

For whatever reason it's clear Luzon doesn't rate him as a player and/or like his character/attitude.
  • Scoham said:

Rossman92 said:

Don't expect Bikey to be sold/loaned. If we do get another CB he will be good cover, and if we don't get one in, I trust him to start

Not being involved at Welling says it all. Last season Luzon preferred Diarra at CB over Bikey.

Then there's the SLP article saying he's free to leave. It's also been suggested he's on a good wage.

For whatever reason it's clear Luzon doesn't rate him as a player and/or like his character/attitude.
    I suggest the reasons are his performances against Rotherham and Norwich
  • Sponsored links:

• Are we allowed to wet our knickers now? ;-)
  • Valley11 said:

Are we allowed to wet our knickers now? ;-)

Valley11 said:

Are we allowed to wet our knickers now? ;-)

Give it a couple of weeks....and then maybe.
  • wmcf123 said:

Scoham said:

Rossman92 said:

I suggest the reasons are his performances against Rotherham and Norwich
    Norwich certainly sealed it that's for sure. Guess we'll see what happens with that centre half from Charleroi this week