Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pardew quote on Friday

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
'"The fans can see on the pitch that we're fighting for our lives and the general fan on the street wouldn't ask any more of their team'

Do we look as though we're fighting for our lives though ?

Zero wins in five at the business end of the season looks to more of a side that has packed in for summer, or run out of steam. I honestly don't believe they've packed in, but looking on Saturday, Blackburn seemed to have so much more energy than us, and physically stronger as well.

I think the period around the West Ham win may have taking so much mental energy out of us, i think once we'd come off that run, we've been unable to recreate the same energy levels. I'm not faulting the desire, we've just lost our edge at the wrong time.

A nine-day break till the Spurs game could work wonders, as it has to be nothing other than a cup final. Now there is less expectation on us, we may benefit from that.

Comments

• I agree that we have run out of steam. A big effort to drag ourselves from nowhere to right in it but they seem to have run out of gas at the wrong time. That and a lack of quality in certain areas. Recharge for the Spudz game and who knows. Two wins and we'll be safe so it's fingers crossed and keep the faith !
  • ScoSco
    edited April 2007
    Didn't think that 4-4-2 was a good choice against a team with two decent wide men. Thomas and Ambrose in the same side away from home was a complete non event and HH along with Thatcher seemed to loose the plot.

We haven't got the personnel to get at and contain teams, so ironically after all the draws I've been moaning about, a point at Everton and another one on Sat would have put us in good position.
  • I am pretty disappointed to be honest after seeing a positive start, we were getting in the box and shooting - goals is the problem so lets get back to that..
  • Wigan and Fulham are making a very kind offer to us and West Ham, it looked like we are going to take it but now we have cold feet, and after showing no interest West Ham are suddenly chomping at the bit - something like 5 wins in 7 ???

Even now one more win might be all that is needed to take up Wigan and Fulham's kind offers. But have we got the fight?

BRING BACK KISH!

(I mean it)
  • That's what its going to come down to - fight, passion and heart. The problem with a lot of players is that they don't seem to care because they know they can be released. Hopefully, MOnday, they will fight tooth and nail and beat Chas and Dave's lot and give us the hope we need to stay up. As for players with heart, I wonder how our team would have fared if Mendonca, Kish, Kinsella and Hunt were playing?