Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    2121 said:
    True true hard to go against khabib, but gaetje has strong wrestling credentials and should be better standing. 
    Can't remember the last time Gaethje used his wrestling in a fight though, offensively or defensively. Just can't see him being able to keep it standing. Khabib definitely won't have better striking, Gaethje's best weapon will probably be leg kicks, I expect that'll be the most important part of the fight for Gaethje, landing those hard and early to slow him down for later in the fight 
  • Options
    Would love to have seen a prime BJ Penn @ 155lbs vs Khabib! What a fight that would have been.
  • Options
    Gaethje is brutal, real genuine warrior 

As soon as Khabib gets hold of people contests are generally over as a competition though and Gaethjes last few really dominant performances have been from using his legs and fists 

I'll be watching and I'd love Gaethje to do it but I think Khabib will get hold of him late on and choke him out
  • Options
    Khabib man handles the division, but has he fought anyone with as good a wrestling credential as gaetje? He fought an old shalarous and RDA (whos bjj not wrestling)
    gaetje stands more of a chance to sprawl and brawl than any of them. Such a good fight. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    The samething will happen as happens everytime. Khabib will eventually get Gaethje down and against the fence, and sap all his energy before eventually choking him. 

You know this. 
  • Options
    😂😂😂👍🏽👍🏽
  • Options
    Gaetje can probably only win if he does him quickly because otherwise he will, at some point in the fight, no doubt in the later rounds, be too tired to prevent the submission. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Gaetje can probably only win if he does him quickly because otherwise he will, at some point in the fight, no doubt in the later rounds, be too tired to prevent the submission. 
    This is how I think it will go. Still hugely intriguing though and I wouldn't rule Gaethje completely out. 
  • Options
    Edwards Vs Chimaev in December should be interesting. 
  • Options
    Edwards gets done there imo. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    So nice watching it at a normal time!
  • Options
    Really looking forward to Whittaker Cannonier
  • Options
    Any links for a stream? 
  • Options
    Khabib is a different animal. 
  • Options
    Incredible performance, he's just too good.
  • Options
    I think he is the goat
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Khabib announces his retirement!

Looks like it was one last fight to honour his father, but says he's done.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    I think he is the goat
    Absolutely. Heart broken that he's retired. He's a man of honour and means it. 
  • Options
    Fair play to the guy

His father passes away so he makes a promise to his mum, 1 final fight.

And goes out undefeated 👏👏👏
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dana reckons Khabib broke his foot a few weeks ago and never said anything. The guy is a monster, honestly if this is the last we've seen of him it must be the most uncelebrated of any great of any sport that has ever been. 
  • Options
    He's ruthless. Not that I'd want to be shut in a cage with any of them but him.... if a fighter is a good striker its just a matter of time before he grabs and arm or leg and pulls them down. Nobody can touch him for wrestling and it must be incredibly disheartening, like a mouse caught by a fucking anaconda of a fight with him ends up on the floor

What a class act as a champion 
  • Options
    I think the grappling is a massive part of his game obviously but what sets him apart is the constant pressure. No one ever gets time to set themselves. Think what must have been going through Gaethje's head, one of the biggest punchers ever in the division and this guy just constantly coming towards you.

Thing is he also seems to be getting better and better as an all round martial artist, the Conor fight showed he could throw hands but tonight as well he looked so much tidier in throwing shots. It's scary that even how good he is he still improves. If he really has retired the rest of the LW division must be thinking Allah. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    I think he is the goat
    At lightweight, maybe. Tricky one, the man can only beat who is put in front of him but he hasn't fought in the golden era of lightweights.

Great champ either way though. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    colthe3rd said:
    I think he is the goat
    At lightweight, maybe. Tricky one, the man can only beat who is put in front of him but he hasn't fought in the golden era of lightweights.

Not just the fact he's beaten the nest out there its how he has done it 

I think you put him in with any lightweight he gets them down and squeezes the life out of them. No head down swinging sidewinders or hopeful kicks with Khabib 
  • Options
    Unbelievable what a performance! Gaetje could stop the takedown until his pressure got on top. Gaetje was spent in round 1! Unreal performance. 

Would have liked to see him v tony or chandler shame we wont now! 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Carter said:
    cafcpolo said:
    colthe3rd said:
    I think he is the goat

Not just the fact he's beaten the nest out there its how he has done it 

I think you put him in with any lightweight he gets them down and squeezes the life out of them. No head down swinging sidewinders or hopeful kicks with Khabib 
    This is why I'd love a fight vs a BJ Penn in his prime. Not only was he a good striker, but had a takedown defence like no other and obviously a high level black belt in BJJ. Not too dissimilar to Tibau who gave Khabib his toughest fight and in a lot of peoples eyes, actually beat him.
  • Options
    Part of me doesn't think he'll be fully retired. I don't think even Khabib could say no to him vs GSP, or if someone else establishes themselves as the LW Champ within the next 5 years or so.

Him vs GSP is definitely the dream fight imo
  • Options
    Adesanya Vs Jan - feels kinda ridiculous to me as Adesanya hasn't exactly cleared out his division and Jan is only just Champ at LHW!

Adesanya will probably be the favourite but if Jan clips him that would be night over. Be tempted to take Jan in this
  • Options
    Adesanya Vs Jan - feels kinda ridiculous to me as Adesanya hasn't exactly cleared out his division and Jan is only just Champ at LHW!

Adesanya will probably be the favourite but if Jan clips him that would be night over. Be tempted to take Jan in this
    Id back Jan too, although I reserve the right to change that once I see what Adesanya looks like at LHW