Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Traffic chaos in Kent

Comments

• Options
    I know people can't fly. Seriously, I would not want them to fall and it seems they have the skills not to fall but I think it could possibly be managed to keep cars running. 
    There is no senior officer going to sanction that.
    If it goes tits up, that’s their job & pension gone.
    And I don’t blame them tbh.
    Probably a fair point but this action can cost lives and livliehoods and whilst I have sympathy with the cause, I don't think this is acceptable.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I thought with the massive purchase of Chinese made products in the west we are effectively outsourcing our pollution to them.
    Of course but my point is that changes are beginning to be made. Government organisations and some big businesses are taking responsibility for these issues too. The NHS now has a massive commitment taking into account full supply chain impacts and is using its huge scale and influence to make changes to the production of these goods only purchasing from companies that meet its commitments and the way its sourced - that will over time have an impact in those countries.
  • Options
    5 fucking hours to drive to Greenwich and back to Wickford today. 
  • Options
    I know people can't fly. Seriously, I would not want them to fall and it seems they have the skills not to fall but I think it could possibly be managed to keep cars running. 
    There is no senior officer going to sanction that.
    If it goes tits up, that’s their job & pension gone.
    And I don’t blame them tbh.
    Probably a fair point but this action can cost lives and livliehoods and whilst I have sympathy with the cause, I don't think this is acceptable.
    You’re right, it isn’t.
    The trick is to stop these things happening before they get this far.
    Seems that hasn’t happened on this occasion.
     I have my suspicions as to why that is.
  • Options
    Is this true?
  • Options
    Seems I sold my Thameside house in Greenhithe at the right time then!
  • Options
    Old Morgan might just have his head screwed on climbing as high as possible. We only have 7 years apparently until this area is all under water so at least he may be safe while the rest of us are swimming.

Predicted by who?
  • Options
    Old Morgan might just have his head screwed on climbing as high as possible. We only have 7 years apparently until this area is all under water so at least he may be safe while the rest of us are swimming.

Phew - I’m ok - my house not in the red bit relating to Dartford - if there is anyone on CL who is, pm me me when the time comes, as my Land Rover Defender can wade to an impressive depth - I’ll come and rescue you 😃
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Predicted by who?
    No idea but probably the same people that will predict the same in 2030.
  • Options
    I haven't got such a problem with the soup on the painting as it merely hit the glass front and did get publicity. 
  • Options
    In a recently uploaded TikTok video that has since been removed, a woman claimed that Just Stop Oil’s latest protest is nothing more than a facade, conjured up to portray climate activists negatively. Her evidence? The fact that the environmental activist group has, in the past, received large donations from Big Oil heiress Aileen Getty, the granddaughter of industry mogul, Jean Paul Getty.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Predicted by who?
    Neil Ferguson probably!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Predicted by who?
    Michael Fish, maybe.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    cafcfan said:
    shirty5 said:
    I don't agree with their methods, but Climate Change is ruining people's lives and people are dying all over the world as a result of it.

I watched Frozen Planet II on Sunday and it is heartbreaking to see the dramatic effect of Climate Change on many species. The melting of ice is going to cause flooding all over the world and much of London and the UK will be affected. 

Giving licences for new fossil fuels is madness, we need to move away quickly if we are to stop further damage.
    The world’s turning but we’re not learning. 
    You are right we are not learning. We are not learning that oil usage and the consequent trashing of our world is a symptom not the cause. The true problem is the massive over-population of the planet by the human race. It is the supreme irony that one of the eco warriors that sprayed the Aston Martin showroom was this one: Chloe Thomas, 19, a mother and freelancer (whatever that is) from Cannock said: “I’m 15 weeks pregnant this week. Today, we’re out here on the road together, demanding no new oil." When, of course, by having  multiple sprogs, she, herself, is part of the primary cause of the problem.

Many of the protestors have pink hair don't they? And therefore demonstrate that they have no concern whatsoever about the proliferation of PFAS chemicals that are so prevalent in many make-up and hair products.  For those that don't know, PFAS chemicals are otherwise known as "forever" chemicals because they are impossible to get rid of.  The multiple chunks of metal they tend to have in their faces also indicate they have no qualms about the badness of the mining industries either.
    this with bells on. funny how those that agree also seem suprised that there are issues when we close the world down for 2 years plus for a cold for most people. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Predicted by who?
    Looks to me like theyve taken a line about hoe much sea levels will rise by 2030 and applied that to a map of london. Whilst well meaning, its not the same thing and cant be applied in that way.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    shirty5 said:
    I don't agree with their methods, but Climate Change is ruining people's lives and people are dying all over the world as a result of it.

I watched Frozen Planet II on Sunday and it is heartbreaking to see the dramatic effect of Climate Change on many species. The melting of ice is going to cause flooding all over the world and much of London and the UK will be affected. 

Giving licences for new fossil fuels is madness, we need to move away quickly if we are to stop further damage.
    The world’s turning but we’re not learning. 
    You are right we are not learning. We are not learning that oil usage and the consequent trashing of our world is a symptom not the cause. The true problem is the massive over-population of the planet by the human race. It is the supreme irony that one of the eco warriors that sprayed the Aston Martin showroom was this one: Chloe Thomas, 19, a mother and freelancer (whatever that is) from Cannock said: “I’m 15 weeks pregnant this week. Today, we’re out here on the road together, demanding no new oil." When, of course, by having  multiple sprogs, she, herself, is part of the primary cause of the problem.

Many of the protestors have pink hair don't they? And therefore demonstrate that they have no concern whatsoever about the proliferation of PFAS chemicals that are so prevalent in many make-up and hair products.  For those that don't know, PFAS chemicals are otherwise known as "forever" chemicals because they are impossible to get rid of.  The multiple chunks of metal they tend to have in their faces also indicate they have no qualms about the badness of the mining industries either.
    I agree over population is a massive issue but it doesnt mean we should just give up or shouldnt try and lessen our impact elsewhere. We as a population need to try and find a way to minimise our impact on this planet as much as possible. People arent perfect and dont have perfect information about every decision they make. But these people are doing their best to live this in their lives as much as possible and will want the government to make some big decisions regarding oil. I dont think we should criticise the individuals too much for not being perfect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Left the garden tap on have we, and estimated flow at full volume over the next 8 years equals this…… Christ almost as delusional as us pissing the league.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61795783

Climate change: Rising sea levels threaten 200,000 England properties

• Options

Left the garden tap on have we, and estimated flow at full volume over the next 8 years equals this…… Christ almost as delusional as us pissing the league.
    Have heard in 2030 they will still charge you a couple of quid while going over the qe bridge in your canoe.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Predicted by who?
    Clinton Baptiste?
  • Options
    Essex OB bought in a platform & the eejits are down & nicked.
    The Highways agency haven’t opened the bridge yet but I’m guess it won’t be long.
  • Options
    Essex OB bought in a platform & the eejits are down & nicked.
    The Highways agency haven’t opened the bridge yet but I’m guess it won’t be long.
    Why could this not have been done yesterday 😡
  • Options

At least I'll never get dragged around Lakeside again.
    Not without scuba gear.....
  • Options
    I know no-one cares but just for the record I am with @Vincenzo

I have been held up for hours on the A2 by random road works on countless occasions ( including en-route to Darent Valley hospital to see loved ones) and there is rarely any visible sign of any activity. Recently the A2 was shut completely by some "moron" during the the London Marathon and the rail strike week-end.

I don't remember anyone calling for the head of the Highways Agency to be shot on site or for  fireworks and pyrotechnics to be fired at him while he/she was mowing the lawn.

And if you start claiming (even in jest) that anyone who undertakes peaceful direct action for a political cause is a terrorist,  then we are all in big trouble.