Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your Charlton XI v Welling

What do you predict to be the first half XI this coming Saturday.

Pope

Solly Bauer Diarra H-Dennis

Bulot Cousins Harriott

Grant Pigott Vetokele

This has actually been much harder to decide than thought when originally thinking of this post. We really need another RB, CB, CM and Winger.

Comments

• Pope
    Solly Bauer Lennon Fox
    Jackson Ba Cousins
    Vetokele Makienok Ahearne-Grant

A few trialists, Watt, Bikey, Hendo, Wiggins, Diarra, Pigott and a kid or two on the bench, JBG not there due to being behind in training but everyone panics that he's being sold
  • See it was impossible not to do the 4-3-3.

If Welling have a few midfielders, they are going to be easily running past our midfield lol
  • 1-0 home win then
  • Pope
    Solly, Gomez, Pique, Wiggins
    JBG, Shelvey, Cousins, Hazard
    Makienok, Aguero
  • Yes, 4-3-3 jumps out. Henderson, Solly, Bikey, Bauer, Wiggins, Cousins, Diarra, Ba, Watt, Makiemok, Vetokele
  • Pope
    Barnes - Bauer - Lennon - Wiggins
    Vetokele - Ba - Cousins - Harriott
    Pigott - Watt
  • Yes, 4-3-3 jumps out. Henderson, Solly, Bikey, Bauer, Wiggins, Cousins, Diarra, Ba, Watt, Makiemok, Vetokele

Why do you think we'd play our best 11 in our first pre season match against Welling?!
  • We normally play at least 22 people, and mix up the first half and second half team with first teamers, reserves and youngsters.

I would expect to see all of these players at some stage during the afternoon (if I was going that is..) -

Henderson
    Pope

Solly
    Barnes

Wiggins
    Fox

Bauer
    Lennon

Bikey
    Thomas

Diarra
    Cousins

Ba
    Muldoon

Gudmundsson
    Sho-Silva

Harriott
    Trialist (Bulot)

Vetokele
    Watt

Makienok
    Piggott

With Ahearne-Grant, Obileye, Holmes-Dennis, Umerah, etc on the bench in case we need 2nd half subs.
  • Is it too much to ask for a 2nd half team of (cult?) legends

Salmon
    Pitcher
    Minto
    Balmer
    Rufus
    Robinson
    Kinsella
    Stuart
    Robson
    Leaburn
    Church

• Sponsored links:

• Pot luck on what teams get put out in each half honestly. As long as everyone gets 45 minutes, I'll be happy to be on the terrace.
  • Maybe we will troll our own fans

Etheridge
    Nego Primus Doherty Seaborne
    Reza Faye McOxo Smart
    Parsley Church
  • These pre season games are about getting a bit of fitness/game time but more importantly about working on partnerships and fitting a system! Last time round luzon seemed to favour a 442 I expect he will stick with that so I expect to see....

Bauer played in front of hendo(first choice gk) and alongside the first choice full back depending on which side he plays...

Cousins and Ba in cm together, this partnership for me is huge!! Key to our season can they gel and hopefully boss games from the middle of the park!

Big mak partnering whoever Luzon sees as first choice out of Watt/igor..

Other than that everyone will get a go...

We may learn who is rated highest by luzon.. For example I imagine hendo will play one half but who plays the other?? Pope or Dimi? We may learn who is second choice.. on the other hand luzon may screw with our heads and play Dimi then Pope so who knows...
  • Something along the lines of...

Hendo
    solly Bauer obileye wiggins
    Someone diarra muldoon bulot
    watt mak

Pope
    Barnes Thomas lennon fox
    moussa cousins Ba harriot
    igor Pigott
  • Surely Gomez will start
  • Why are people putting Pope in over Henderson ? Surely our first choice GK needs the chance to bond with his new defender(s) ?
  • se9addick said:

Why are people putting Pope in over Henderson ? Surely our first choice GK needs the chance to bond with his new defender(s) ?

Tomorrow is solely about fitness... Only when we play the likes of Genk / West Ham / Chievo you'll see the actual potential First Team playing together
  • Henderson
    Silly Bauer Diarra Wiggins
    JBG Cousins Ba Ahern-grant
    Makienok TWatt
  • edited July 2015
    sam3110 said:

Yes, 4-3-3 jumps out. Henderson, Solly, Bikey, Bauer, Wiggins, Cousins, Diarra, Ba, Watt, Makiemok, Vetokele

Why do you think we'd play our best 11 in our first pre season match against Welling?!
    I think the thread title is a give away - particularly the YOUR bit.

• JBG back yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 totally different XI's in each half, both with a mixture of first teamers and youth/academy players....I will generally pay attention in the first half and then ignore most of the 2nd half as per usual.

looking forward to -

a) seeing the new CH and CF
    b) meeting up with a few mates for a few pints
    c)........er....
  • Is Moussa still not about?
  • Never realised this is tomorrow! The season only finished a couple of weeks ago :-(
  • I expect 45 poor team and 45 similar to this:
    Henderson
    Silly Bauer Diarra Wiggins
    JBG Cousins Ba Ahern-grant
    Makienok TWatt
  • For all of who is going and wants a few pints before the game. The Wings Bar located in the ground is a tidy place to drink before hand. £10 for a jug of Fosters or £12 for a jug of Kronenburg(mind my spelling). They are also not tight on the pouring so you will usually get between 4 1/2 pints to 5.

Just a heads up to my fellow addicks.
  • Never realised this is tomorrow! The season only finished a couple of weeks ago :-(

It's ridiculous, the kids don't break up for 2 weeks and the friendly's have started already.
  • For all of who is going and wants a few pints before the game. The Wings Bar located in the ground is a tidy place to drink before hand. £10 for a jug of Fosters or £12 for a jug of Kronenburg(mind my spelling). They are also not tight on the pouring so you will usually get between 4 1/2 pints to 5.

...will also have to queue out the door to buy one as well I suspect !!!
  • Can you ever remember a time, in the dim and distant past, when the Welling v Charlton game has not been described as a 'curtain raiser'?
  • Can you ever remember a time, in the dim and distant past, when the Welling v Charlton game has not been described as a 'curtain raiser'?

I'm sure it never used to be the first Friendly, more like the last.

good spot, watched the champions league final here as mentioned generous with the pitchers, hopefully have a few staff on to meet demand, failing that lots of pubs within the vicinity.