Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ex keeper now managing Gibraltar.

Ex Charlton keeper Jeff Wood is now Manager for the Gibraltar's National team. He made 147 Apps for Charlton Between 1975-1982

Comments

• Shame as we are in need of a goalkeeping coach
  • Ahhh. One from my youth. Lead 'em on to victory Jeff!
  • Going to see Ireland play them at the Algarve Stadium in September. Seeing Jeff will be an added bonus. One of the earlier keepers I remember from supporting Charlton. Great to see he is still involved in football.
  • TelMc32 said:

Going to see Ireland play them at the Algarve Stadium in September. Seeing Jeff will be an added bonus. One of the earlier keepers I remember from supporting Charlton. Great to see he is still involved in football.

Can you tell me the date for that game ? I m in the Algarve in September.
  • Jeff Wood & Graham Tutt both excellent keepers for Charlton in there time.
    Shame Grahams career was so short.
  • Somethings stick in your mind ,but i did look it up before writting it.Debut against Forest at home Feb 76 and played his first 9 games for Charlton without being on the losing side.CHARLTON RECORD AT THE TIME.
    But forgot he got his chance due to the serious injury of Graham Tutt at Sunderland the week before.Wood also appeared on the winning side against Liverpool in a european cup tie for Malmo i recall.
  • TelMc32 said:

Going to see Ireland play them at the Algarve Stadium in September. Seeing Jeff will be an added bonus. One of the earlier keepers I remember from supporting Charlton. Great to see he is still involved in football.

Friday 4th. It's a 7.45pm kick off (8.45 local time) :smile:
  • Somethings stick in your mind ,but i did look it up before writting it.Debut against Forest at home Feb 76 and played his first 9 games for Charlton without being on the losing side.CHARLTON RECORD AT THE TIME.
    But forgot he got his chance due to the serious injury of Graham Tutt at Sunderland the week before.Wood also appeared on the winning side against Liverpool in a european cup tie for Malmo i recall.

Wife's team is Malmo, going over next week and her brother has just bought an apartment in Gilbralter, so likely to be visiting both Malmo and Gibralter in next couple of Months. May check out if the have any international games on.

Wife's team is Malmo, going over next week and her brother has just bought an apartment in Gilbralter, so likely to be visiting both Malmo and Gibralter in next couple of Months. May check out if the have any international games on.
    As I'm aware their aint any international friendlies planned in the up coming months, maybe one before the next Euros qualifiers but I know local side Lincoln Red Imps may hope to go far in the Champions League Qualifying.
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Thanks . Unfortunately I m going on Sat 5th
  • TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Thanks . Unfortunately I m going on Sat 5th
    Never mind mate. May be a shortage of beer by the time you arrive though!! :smiley: