Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jacko and Hendo as Del Boy and Rodders

edited July 2015 in General Charlton
Brilliant stuff, this #playerpledge thing is a fantastic idea. Well done everyone involved

https://youtu.be/rsdlukKt3PU

"Lee was over the moon when he opened the door and saw them standing there," said the mother of 16-year-old Lee, who is autistic.

"He described it as the best day of his life.

"He had brought the new home shirt the day before so was wearing it whilst playing football in the garden. It felt like fate."

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rsdlukKt3PU

Comments

• yep - great stuff, Cousins getting his legs waxed after the next 100
  • ill buy the next 300 if I get a go with his missus
  • The next 300?? Shit il just buy the Valley
  • The possibilities are endless. Maybe Simon Makienok to pop around and clean out your gutters, The Beast to sort out unruly neighbours, followed by personal visits from Katrien and Roland down the line as we near the 10,000 mark.
  • Got to have a couple of blow up dolls in the back.
  • PL54 said:

Another crap publicity stunt by this parody of a club

Hardly a publicity stunt. It's just a bit of content for the fans.
  • edited July 2015
    sam3110 said:

I heard if we get to the third hundred Vetokele is going to let that person have a go on his missus #playerpledge #getbuyingguys

There is some poor lonely 10-year old reading this comment thinking: "Excellent, with her I can two player on FIFA, I'll ask my Dad for the cash"

To that 10-year old viewing this thread, no that is no where near what @Sam3110 is even suggesting by his comment
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015
  • Hmmmmmmm I wonder which two players did it last season? Oh oh.
  • Great gesture, but if I'm honest I found it a little bit hard to watch (bit cringey!)
  • cafc999 said:

PL54 said:

If we sell 400 the club will buy PL54 some happy tablets
    Oh dear

PL54 said:

Hardly a publicity stunt. It's just a bit of content for the fans.
  • brilliant, lucky that I didn't buy a ST :wink:
  • PL54 said:

Tinpot.
  • Wait until you see what is planned to jolly things up on match days. You will be amused (or possibly not)....
  • The press coverage we've received is fantastic, in my opinion.

Maybe it will sell more season tickets, may it won't but having a player, personally, deliver your ticket is fantastic PR whatever the circumstances.
  • sam3110 said:

I heard if we get to the third hundred Vetokele is going to let that person have a go on his missus #playerpledge #getbuyingguys

Thank you for bringing my attention to this. With her and Makienok's missus the players' wives lounge is the place to be next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder how accurately the hundredth sale was. Bit suss that it was a kid who lives just down the road and not someone who lives a couple of hours away like me. But hey, if it makes that kid's day its a great gesture and that's okay with me.
  • It was always going to be a kid and a local one.

If Jacko turned up at our house to deliver my dad's season ticket I'd have to tell them he's busy gardening and can't come to the door.

Be funny if Jacko and Hendo turned up at someone's house and they weren't in.
  • PL54 said:

Some real whooshs on this. Well played.
  • Brilliant stuff, this #playerpledge thing is a fantastic idea. Well done everyone involved

https://youtu.be/rsdlukKt3PU

"Lee was over the moon when he opened the door and saw them standing there," said the mother of 16-year-old Lee, who is autistic.

"He described it as the best day of his life.

"He had brought the new home shirt the day before so was wearing it whilst playing football in the garden. It felt like fate."

I know Lee and his family very well, we lived opposite each other on shootershill. Lee would have loved that, well done Charlton for making his day I bet Lee's dad was pleased when JJ rocked up he's a big spanners fan,. :)