Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Cousins Record Breaker

Comments

• Yep roseandcrown
    1 , 2, 3,4,5,6 and bonus ball of 7 there you go
  • Does anyone know Jordan's 1500 metre time, I'm quite interested in this sort of thing as I used to run it at school in barefoot....
  • Does anyone know Jordan's 1500 metre time, I'm quite interested in this sort of thing as I used to run it at school in barefoot....

4 min 58 sec
  • edited June 2015
    Huskaris said:

Dazzler21 said:

Watt is a sprinter JC is a long distance runner... A striker usually runs 3-5km a game whereas a box to box midfielder usually tops 10-15km

Most goalkeepers cover more than strikers by that logic
    Not at all, have a look at this:
    http://talksport.com/football/premier-leagues-15-hardest-working-players-average-distance-covered-game-201415?p=7

Rooney the only high scoring striker in the top 10 in the Premier League
  • Did anyone else think of Roy Castle when they saw the title?

I'd like to think that Jordan's record breaking achievement was something more random like sitting in a bath of baked beans for 2 weeks or growing the largest onion ever.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Watt is a sprinter JC is a long distance runner... A striker usually runs 3-5km a game whereas a box to box midfielder usually tops 10-15km

You want new strikers if they're only running 3-5km a game. You want 8 even upto 10km from your striker and 15km would be not too far from what most Championship midfielders cover in a busy game.
    Not sure that's quite correct. I remember Pritchard getting a load of press for covering something like 13km against Wolves a couple of years back and that was the highest tally of any player in the championship that season or something.
    Maybe I've overcooked the midfielders but I haven't for the strikers, I know George Boyd of Burnley AVERAGED just over 12km a match and that's over the course of the season, point still stands that if your striker usually runs 3-5km a game you are really going to struggle, there would be hardly any closing down and you'd be missing a fair few runs. Strikers cover similar to defenders and midfielders edge it with about 1.5x them both I would say.
    Do you work for Brentford now Wharburton has gone? Interestingly they pulled out of Kramer race because his stats didn't add up.
  • Are they deep fried or covered in chocolate?
  • Did anyone else think of Roy Castle when they saw the title?

Don't think Jordan is the sort to blow his own trumpet.
  • He's too modest / he knows dedication is what you need
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for that VG, under 5 mins is pretty good.
  • I've got a feeling Ba is going to break the 1500m record today......
  • That was interesting to watch, thanks for the insight @Ollywozere

Some of them are right moody buggers though
  • edited June 2015
    Atletico ask Berbatov how far he'd actually run in a game....

Agree I undersold a striker, it is more 5-10km unless it's Berba
  • PL54 said:

That was interesting to watch, thanks for the insight @Ollywozere

I wouldn't be over the moon about life if I'd just sprinted 1500m in the heat either.
  • I ran the 1500m in exactly 5 minutes when aged 11, so is it just me that thinks that time is quite slow for a young midfield professional? The guy who beat me at our sports day ran 4 mins 50 secs.

Not a boast on my behalf. I ran for the school at this distance in Bexley competitions (never for an athletics club) and never finished in the top 3 or anything.
  • WSSWSS
    edited June 2015
    No way did you run a 5 minute mile when you were 11! That's very impressive (in my non-athletics head).
  • Not a mile, 1500m. Genuine honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a mile, 1500m. Genuine honest.

to run 1500m (just shy of a mile 1609.344) in 5mins is rapid for a non athletic time.

My mate is a PT and professional running coach, his mile is 4:44.

So around 5:15 for an 11 year old would be very quick... sounds like you missed a calling in life.

• 5 min for 1500m is very impressive time in any age group.
  • Thanks for that VG, under 5 mins is pretty good.

• i heard times were 4.37 Cousins 4.38 Fox
  • madadd said:

i heard times were 4.37 Cousins 4.38 Fox

The OS says 4.58
  • WSS said:

madadd said:

i heard times were 4.37 Cousins 4.38 Fox

The OS says 4.58
    As they cross the line, Bloom says 4:37 for Cousins and 38 for Fox ... strange.
  • cafctom said:

PL54 said:

That was interesting to watch, thanks for the insight @Ollywozere

I wouldn't be over the moon about life if I'd just sprinted 1500m in the heat either.
    OG tried to speak to him before the run and he said no. Anyway not just him, they mostly seemed a little nonchalant.

Was it 3 or 4 laps ? Either way that makes each lap 500m or 375m for 1500m

"The length of a pitch must be between 90m and 120m and the width not less than 45m and not more than 90m - BBC"

Interestingly (?) that means the pitch could be 90m square which be freekin' odd.

However it shows that the maximum perimeter is 420m and the minimum 270m.

I want to know exactly how far they ran @Ollywozere.......
  • os INTERVIEW WITH lUZON, NOW STATES TIME AS 4 MINS 37 SECONDS.